What's new

12 Ronsons for $17!

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I wish they had Jetlite's! What I did was remove the rubber gasket and the circle clip to get the flame way high.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Nothing is too good to be true.

PS

Anyone want to buy a used Shake Weight?

[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.break.com/index/hilarious-shake-weight-exercise-for-women.html"]Hilarious Shake Weight Exercise for Women Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://embed.break.com/842424@@AMEPARAM@@842424[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

I bet Cigar Cowboy will sell you his. :ccowboy:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I read a bunch of reviews on multipole sites today, and while there are a ton of bad reviews, none of them mentioned this type of activity.
Yeah mostly just chitty packing jobs and stuff not working. I'm not going to cancel this card outright just yet but I'll keep a look out.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Mine arrived today. Same crappy packaging (or lack thereof) as others have seen. Most of mine were covered in glue or tape, but 30 minutes with a bottle of Goo-Gone and they are cleaned up.

The flame is kind of a hybrid soft flame/torch. Very nice lighters for the price.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Just got a call from Amex Fraud. Nailed for $3,000 charge to Luftansa and a 40.00 charge to Air asia.

Thankfully Amex is very good at detecting this stuff and stopped them in their tracks.

I have no doubt that the use of Schnoops was the culprit either through a direct fraud by the website or and indirect hacking into their database.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I guess I used Papoo so I can stop checking my cc accounts, still haven't gotten mine, I did as I said before get two dozen from donors. Nice packing job huh :)

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this, but I emailed Shnoop asking who is responsible and for any record of hacks/intrusions, and if they don't respond to me by Tuesday morning, I will make sure the police know they are not cooperating.

I used Poopal so I am safe so far. However, I started the thread about this deal which led to the same thread getting posted on a couple other boards so I feel a little guilty people are getting screwed over!

If you have had fraudulent charges, can you please add your name to the list and include the dollar amount? I would like to work with someone who has had these charges to file a criminal complaint. If someone has already contacted the police, can you let me know?

List of BOTLs with fraudulent charges (please copy and paste in your post):
1. Starz26 - $3,000

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Actually, if the credit card company clears the card user of any responsibility, the card company itself becomes the victim and would be the ones who would need to pursue criminal charges.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Wow, here is Shnoop's response:

Thank you for your recent purchase. Presently, shnoop.com uses "Poopal" as the credit card processor, even for direct credit card orders. As such, all transactions are processed on "Poopal's" secure payment platform, which employs a sophisticated and proprietary algorithm to detect fraudulent transactions. In addition to this, we also subscribe to McAfee Secure, which performs a daily audit on our sites to ensure that all data sent between our sites and the credit card processor is secure, as well as PCI Compliance. Therefore, we do not believe that the security of your credit card was compromised on our site. If you have fraudulent transactions on your credit card, we encourage you to contact your card issuing bank to dispute the fraudulent transactions and request that they investigate the cause of it. Please don't hesitate to email us back if you have any further questions.

Regards,

The Shnoop Team

Rating - 95.2%
20   1   1
List of BOTLs with fraudulent charges (please copy and paste in your post):
1. Starz26 - $3,000
2. Deuce - 2 charges of $750

Rating - 95.2%
20   1   1
Wow, here is Shnoop's response:

Thank you for your recent purchase. Presently, shnoop.com uses "Poopal" as the credit card processor, even for direct credit card orders. As such, all transactions are processed on "Poopal's" secure payment platform, which employs a sophisticated and proprietary algorithm to detect fraudulent transactions. In addition to this, we also subscribe to McAfee Secure, which performs a daily audit on our sites to ensure that all data sent between our sites and the credit card processor is secure, as well as PCI Compliance. Therefore, we do not believe that the security of your credit card was compromised on our site. If you have fraudulent transactions on your credit card, we encourage you to contact your card issuing bank to dispute the fraudulent transactions and request that they investigate the cause of it. Please don't hesitate to email us back if you have any further questions.

Regards,

The Shnoop Team
got the same email. obviously trying to cover their asses. I found it funny their site was down a while yesterday...

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
At least they are taking my inquiry seriously...

2nd email from Shnoop:

Thank you for following up on this with us. Once again, we do regret and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. At this time, we have referred this matter to our contact within Poopal, and requested that they review this matter thoroughly, to determine if the fraud was somehow inadvertently linked to shnoop.com. We can assure you that we will do our best to ensure that this is resolved in satisfactory manner to the best of our abilities.

Regards,

The Shnoop Team

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
If you guys haven't already, email Shnoop so they know your card was compromised as they want a list of names so they can follow-up with Poopal.

Their email is customercare @ shnoop . com

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Mine arrived today. Same crappy packaging (or lack thereof) as others have seen. Most of mine were covered in glue or tape, but 30 minutes with a bottle of Goo-Gone and they are cleaned up.

The flame is kind of a hybrid soft flame/torch. Very nice lighters for the price.
same here, but a good bit of elbow grease and goo gone polished 'em up. Too bad goo gone doesn't help in the area of scuffs, scratches, and dents. Luckily, I only had one dent. The body on it was good, however, so I did a little transplant and put a good lighter that was jacked up into it's case.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Actually, if the credit card company clears the card user of any responsibility, the card company itself becomes the victim and would be the ones who would need to pursue criminal charges.
Actually we first look to the merchant who took the credit card to pay any disputed charges if they are proven. If that fails we go to the processors of the card. Authorize.net is an online processor and would take the hit if the charge went through. Authorize.net is one of the largest "virtual" processor.