• Poll closed .

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Looks like the votes are locked in:

Los Angeles Lakers 37 Votes 48.68%
Boston Celtics 39 Votes 51.32%

I guess polls are a little like elections. Things really don't work out like the people think it will. :bouncetau

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
HOW Ridiculous was the officiating in game 2? Wow! Games like that just.......I don't know. Someone also needs to stuff the headphones up Van Gundys ass. As biased as a commentator can be in a broadcast. Those officials though....Wow.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
HOW Ridiculous was the officiating in game 2? Wow! Games like that just.......I don't know. Someone also needs to stuff the headphones up Van Gundys ass. As biased as a commentator can be in a broadcast. Those officials though....Wow.
I'm with you there Scotty, I can't stand that "sawed-off prick!"

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
The more playoff basketball I watch, the less I want to watch it. It just seems like the refs skew the games with just a couple of missed calls, or some early fouls on a key player. Who wants to bet the refs skew one of the games in Boston to make this thing go 7 games? And yes, I know the Lakers swept the finals last year, but if they did it too often, it would be even more obvious than it is.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The more playoff basketball I watch, the less I want to watch it. It just seems like the refs skew the games with just a couple of missed calls, or some early fouls on a key player. Who wants to bet the refs skew one of the games in Boston to make this thing go 7 games? And yes, I know the Lakers swept the finals last year, but if they did it too often, it would be even more obvious than it is.
My thoughts exactly. How can you not assume games can be fixed after watching that. When it started getting out of hand I was thinking that this is definitely going to game seven. I mean come on. To review a play that was as obvious as can be under replay and blow that call. Crazy! I think I might just wait til game seven to watch the next game and with the SAP button on.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Well, I thought they gave that reviewed call to Boston because Pau forced Garnett's hand to push the ball out of bounds. Not the letter of the law, but sometimes they award the ball to the "deserving" team, even when reality doesn't support it. Like giving the ball to the other team out of bounds instead of calling a foul on someone. So, that wasn't the most egregious call IMO.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
It wasn't the worst or game changing call but everybody saw that on the review including the refs. Bad call IMO. You can't assume his hand is forcing his hand out. Point is the officiating was horrible.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Three things are certain in life:

Death
Taxes
Lakers fans pissing and moaning about the refs after a loss

Never mind that that LA got 15 more free throws. I guess those refs gave Ray all those 3-pointers and Rondo a triple double too. Sonsabitches!

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Never mind that that LA got 15 more free throws. I guess those refs gave Ray all those 3-pointers and Rondo a triple double too. Sonsabitches!
15 more free throws is easy when you are playing one of the most physical aggressive teams in the league.

:hammersma

I am not whining and I still believe the Lakers will win no matter how dirty it gets. Just saying.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Three things are certain in life:

Death
Taxes
Lakers fans pissing and moaning about the refs after a loss

Wasn't really complaining about the loss, just about the amount of impact the refs have on the outcome of the game. I didn't get to watch the 1st game, but it seems like Ray Allen getting those quick fouls took him (and Boston) out of their game allowing the Lakers to take the 1st game. I'd bet something similar happens in Boston.

And 15 more free throws isn't a lot when one team is passing the ball inside and getting more offensive rebounds than the other, while the other team is hoisting up 3 pointers. It's more the timing of the fouls that seems questionable to me (and the obvious flops being called as fouls). I'm sure it isn't easy to officiate games, and the angles the refs have may make observing what the opposing player does more important, but can we have a game with nobody in serious foul trouble?

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
IShould have been fifty more free throws but ya lakers getting another championship this year regardless. Its pretty weak to not see a Boston fan step up to the plate for a wager. Sorry to say Michael but They probably would rather place one for S&G. Its easier to vote cuz then you don't lose anything when its all over. Mr Massachusi probably has some cojimars he could afford to wager.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Basketball isn't what it was 20 years ago. It used to be that getting knocked around just came with the territory. Now everybody plays for the foul. James and Bryant and every big scorer get a lot of their points because they know how to draw a foul. If you wrap your arms around the ball like a running back and run into the crowd in the paint head first, odds are pretty good that you're going to end up at the FT line.

But reffing can't be easy and it's easy to see blown/missed calls from the couch. In the long run, no one team is more favored over any other.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I was bummed to see the early foul trouble too. And I thought the officiating sucked too, and just because your team won Clint, I doubt you can say you thought the refs made the right call every time. I do not think the refs caused us to lose, that was Ray allen and Rondo that caused us to lose. Garnett sucked the whole game and so did peirce. We could have won that game, but our shooting sucked those last 4-5 minutes and it was over. I too am surprised there were not any Boston fans that wanted to take a wager on this.

Now that the series is all tied up, and Boston has 3 games at home to our possible 2 games at home, Would any Boston fans like to wager on the remainder of the series? I got a decent 5r up.

Oliva V lancer
Ramon Allones SCC
Cabiguan Guapo 46
Odin Viking circa 1950
Charles Denby circa 1950

Put your 5r against mine and let’s see how the next 5 games play out.