What's new

2013 BOTL™ Corona by Drew Estate

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been trying to contact podman for weeks but nobody ever responds to emails and they have phone number. Who does that. Very unimpressed

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I've been trying to contact podman for weeks but nobody ever responds to emails and they have phone number. Who does that. Very unimpressed
PM sent. Not sure what the e-mail issue is.
Owner of the company sees a post and immediately initiates personal contact. If that doesn't impress, nothing will! :smoke:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
It's guys like that, that make other brothers look bad when in fact all they do is lurk and wait for goodies to pop up so they can snag them.... Sorry for the rant guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which is why I had to post that. Emailed them multiple times and no response. One post where business will get affected and it gets taken care of. That's just how things go now-a-days.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
It's guys like that, that make other brothers look bad when in fact all they do is lurk and wait for goodies to pop up so they can snag them.... Sorry for the rant guys

You're good. Others thinking it.
I agree 100%. Podman is a pro, and takes pride in his product. Sometimes people worry way too much IMO.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I may be new to forum but I am not new to cigars or the business of buying them. I think the way in which the order status and ship status of the BOTL is unlike any experience I have ever had. My card was charged immediately but I received no email nothing until weeks later and all I saw on these boards were continuous questions. I don't see how that can make anyone happy. I guess many of you know the seller personally and that is great. I don't. And the business should be about getting new business and growing. I cannot say the experience of purchasing these has Ben all that great. So I don't understand the the comment I quote above. Just me. I'm new I know but I am not shy. I hope the smokes themselves redeem the purchase experience.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USPS Priority.

I'm fairly new to this particular forum, but I've seen a look of negative posts since joining, especially towards newer members. I would encourage everyone to be a little more welcoming to those with less then 500+ posts.
Agreed. Unless of course the older members just want a private club! Jk. I like it here.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
USPS Priority.

I'm fairly new to this particular forum, but I've seen a look of negative posts since joining, especially towards newer members. I would encourage everyone to be a little more welcoming to those with less then 500+ posts.
Cory, I understand where you're coming from. I am relatively new as well, but I believe the defensive nature of some members on behalf of Podman is due to their loyalty for him as they're familiar with his work. I only question if it is appropriate to call someone out publicly on a forum as it makes both people look bad. They're are possibly better ways of getting your point across without questioning a person's professionalism. Part of the brotherhood spirit of this forum is built around loyalty and appreciation, maybe sometimes that manifests itself a little defensively. I would like to see everyone share in the spirit and bonding nature of cigars without negativity. I made that mistake by almost getting into an argument with another brother over something innocuous. I've learned from that mistake, and wish that other members can use that as an example. Furthermore, I am confident people who bought the new cigar will feel it is a great cigar, and worth the wait and money. I only wish I bought a box.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean who cares if people joined because they were interested in the BOTL release or otherwise. I have no problem stating that I have observed and read the board any times but my interest in the BOTL new cigar is what got me to join. Should I leave now that I have a box? No. I enjoy cigars and discussing cigars. So anyway.......

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
USPS Priority.

It's not so much negative posts towards new members, it's just that guys that have been around a long time have seen it time & time again where new guys sign up a week or so before a special release, snatch it up as fast as they can, ask tons of questions where the answers are usually already out there & then once they get their stuff, they're never to be seen or heard from again! It's nice to see new guys who want to put in the time, contribute to the community as a whole & stick around without any "incentive" to get htf sticks (not saying you're doing that....just saying in general). BOTL is is about brotherhood first & foremost to me, that's all.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
BOTL is is about brotherhood first & foremost to me, that's all.
This is why I don't like people showing up just for the sticks. There are other sites for that. BOTL is absolutely brotherhood first. If that's not why you're here, then you're in the wrong place.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
USPS Priority.

It's not so much negative posts towards new members, it's just that guys that have been around a long time have seen it time & then again where new guys sign up a week or so before a special release, snatch it up as fast as they can, ask tons of questions where the answers are usually already out there & then once they get their stuff, they're never to be seen or heard from again! It's nice to see new guys who want to put in the time, contribute to the community as a whole & stick around without any "incentive" to get htf sticks (not saying you're doing that....just saying in general). BOTL is is about brotherhood first & foremost to me, that's all.
Summed it up there quite nicely. I might add, that sometimes we see these releases on other sites, for more than double the price, from people we've never heard of. While you can certainly do whatever you want when you buy them, it does suck to know that that box could've gone to a brother that would've appreciated them. That's all. We love new people here. Stick around and you'll see. Newbs are getting bombed all over the place on here. Hahaha. It's a crazy time for releases right now. Stick around, you'll love it guys. We're glad to have you all.