What's new

2014 BOTL Pipe of the Year

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
So I'm just a curious guy, how much of the pipe price comes from the material cost? And how much is the labor/ time component.

I certainly don't mean to offend........and I think the cost is quite fair ... But curiosity gets the best of me

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
So I'm just a curious guy, how much of the pipe price comes from the material cost? And how much is the labor/ time component.

I certainly don't mean to offend........and I think the cost is quite fair ... But curiosity gets the best of me
From the pics I think I'm getting a hell of a deal

Rating - 100%
86   0   0

From the pics I think I'm getting a hell of a deal
I totally agree and can't wait to see the finished product

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
So people understand a little, the material cost on pipes depends upon the quality of material used. The higher grade materials the higher the price, just as the finish determines the cost too. Smooth versus blasted. Where the briar was obtained. Vulcanite vs. acrylic. Lots of things add to the cost. But the labor side is going to be higher due to the time to drill, shape, sand, finish, etc.

Having said that, I am sure Cody is not making that much on each of these pipes. The materials look top notch as does the briar. This a labor of love that Cody is doing for his/our community. I know we are all so blessed to have this opportunity to have a treasure such as this.