What's new

2014 BOTL Pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey guys, just came across this BOTL pipe thread.
I am an artisan pipe maker, and could possibly be of some assistance.

To cover some of the questions that have already come up.
For something as far as a commemorative pipe I think you would want a briar pipe as cobs are more seen as cheaper basket pipes.
A meerschaum pipe I doubt would be an option as finding meerschaum as a raw material is damn near impossible.
As far as a BOTL marking that would be simply taken care of by the maker, at least in my opinion it would be, as the maker would include the price of the marking stamp into the price of the pipes.
As far as the price point I would say you are on track with the 200-250$
Depending on the maker that could change drastically I know many guys thy won't sell a pipe for under 250$ and having waiting lists sitting around 6months to a year.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Also not saying I'm being considered to make the BOTL pipe but willing to show some of my work on here if requested.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Briarguy on eBay looks like he makes some pretty nice pipes, especially the pokers. They all seem to be $100 and some even lower. I dout it would be too difficult to stamp or sign BOTL on them. For the record, I do not know him and I'm not affiliated in any way. Just a thought.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Briarguy on eBay looks like he makes some pretty nice pipes, especially the pokers. They all seem to be $100 and some even lower. I dout it would be too difficult to stamp or sign BOTL on them. For the record, I do not know him and I'm not affiliated in any way. Just a thought.
Brian Doran Pipes. I have two of his pokers...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
This would be great, and a good way to really be a part of botl. Plus it'd be my first briar since I'm a new pipe smoker. If the briars don't pan out, and people decide on an MM, maybe a freehand would be nice instead of one of the more common ones? Or is there still a big shortage on them

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I don't no, I have been kept busy filling orders through word of mouth. Lately started showing my stuff through Instagram and been getting lots of attention through that.
In time I may get around to doing an online store. As of yet just haven't needed it to sell pipes.
Developing more of an online presence however is never a bad idea.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks guys. Not sure how serious you guys are about doing it or if am an option for making them. But if someone is wanting to spear head it I can get a one off out as a sample then go from there about doing more.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks guys. Not sure how serious you guys are about doing it or if am an option for making them. But if someone is wanting to spear head it I can get a one off out as a sample then go from there about doing more.
Wow! Gorgeous pipes ! This is the man who needs to be used for custom pipes. That way it could be kept in BOTL.. IMO

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, after seeing one of the pipes by cperkins posted above with matching tamper. Now I am thinking that matching tamper would be the perfect touch to a BOTL pipe. Now I know it may cost more but we can maybe looking at it as an optional add on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.