What's new

8ball's full back tattoo in progress

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Superb work Eric! Your pain tolerance has to be higher than mine. No way I could sit that long. It'll look killer when it's all said and done.
The back is rough. I've sat for 4--6 hr sessions on my arms and legs, but I start locking up at 3 with my back. My hats off to people that can go longer.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Man Eric that's looking great! I have an idea for my next ink work but gotta pay to a wedding, get the misses newer car, and who knows what else before I can start it. I know what its like to be self conscious. I was chubby in middle school and even though im in shape now I still judge my self all the time glad to hear your feeling better about ur self

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
1hr and 50 minute session to basically finish my left shoulder. I really could have gone much longer as my shoulder/upper back area doesn't hurt that much. Now the bad news. My wife lost her job and we are solely living on my income, so chances are, I'm done for the year with tattoo appointment. It's ok, because with summer here, I don't really want to expose a healing tattoo to sun. This thread may die for a bit, but I'm determined to get this done.
Total time so far: 14hrs 20 minutes.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The color in the flowers looks amazing! Its comming together well. Sorry to hear about your wife's job. That makes things tough. At least on the bright side you have a pretty sweet tat still and can enjoy the summer with your shirt off. if shes looking to get back to work I recommend using networking to find a spot if you can. I had a pretty rough time findng better work this time around until I made friends with the right person

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
The color in the flowers looks amazing! Its comming together well. Sorry to hear about your wife's job. That makes things tough. At least on the bright side you have a pretty sweet tat still and can enjoy the summer with your shirt off. if shes looking to get back to work I recommend using networking to find a spot if you can. I had a pretty rough time findng better work this time around until I made friends with the right person
Thanks brother, yeah, my anxiety about walking around shirtless is gone and I'm ready for summer. With my kids, my wife was only working part time at like $9 an hour, so it's not a huge hit, just have to cut back on some spending. It may be a good thing as she's in the process of trying to get unemployment which would allow her to go to vocational school which would result in more income in the end.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Anytime you can pick up education its a plus .no one can take it away from you. id recomend a nursing program. They make great money people are always sick and the baby boomers are growing older. If I did it all over again id go down that road

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Well, finally got back to my "back". Two weeks ago, I got 3.5 hours done on my left arm and sat like a champ. The back, 1.5 hours yesterday. Good Lord, it hurts compared to other locations that I've had done. This is going to be a marathon, since I'm not crying, but usually tapping out after a couple of hours. I feel better as one of the artist there started a back piece, but quit because of the pain. Maybe I'm just a pussy, lol.

15 hours 50 minutes $1150. I was going to leave the amount a surprise, but I already lost the post it note, so this will be easier to track. Shooting for a target date of next summer to be 100% done. This session was upper right area, girls sleeve and additions to her kimono and face.

[

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I really like this! I'm not a huge fan of over the top tattoos, but if they're done well I can always appreciate them from an artistic perspective (love watching Ink Masters) and man this piece is done really well! Can't wait to see the final product!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Beautiful ink brother, great artist! I have an Asian inspired half sleeve on my arm, this makes me want to finish it

Keep posting the progress :)