What's new

A New Viaje LE! Nuclear Threat,.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Dudes! This is ridiculous. New LE every week. Come on!
Sadly...I have to agree with this. I haven't baught a box of Viaje since the DES (last June). I just can't afford to keep up or have the fight in me anymore to hunt them down. It really is getting to be a crazy fixation and I think at almost $300 alot have not been worth the price!

Thomas M

Boutique Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you can all see the irony here. So many complaints about Viaje "copying". Tatuaje's entire portfolio is nothing but an exact copy of Cuban brands. They copy the style, packaging, bands, everything. Theres nothing original about it. They have even gone as far as use the actual old Cuban brands as their own. Talk about copying. The Fleur de Lis. I cant think of a more generic, more widely used symbol on the planet. For Gods sake, there's a football team that uses it as their logo. And Tatuaje commenting on Viaje's affairs? Pretty classless. You would think the head of a successful company would have a better use of his time. How about we let these two companies do what they do best and enjoy the cigars they produce. Like many here, I would also like these threads to be used for information, not arguing back and forth about who's copying who. Cheers

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
I hope you can all see the irony here. So many complaints about Viaje "copying". Tatuaje's entire portfolio is nothing but an exact copy of Cuban brands. They copy the style, packaging, bands, everything. Theres nothing original about it. They have even gone as far as use the actual old Cuban brands as their own. Talk about copying. The Fleur de Lis. I cant think of a more generic, more widely used symbol on the planet. For Gods sake, there's a football team that uses it as their logo. And Tatuaje commenting on Viaje's affairs? Pretty classless. You would think the head of a successful company would have a better use of his time. How about we let these two companies do what they do best and enjoy the cigars they produce. Like many here, I would also like these threads to be used for information, not arguing back and forth about who's copying who. Cheers
Good post Thomas.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0

LOL, Thomas you do realize I own the brands I produce. The packaging is original to the brands and I am paying respect to the tradition of the brands. Which again, I own....Cuba doesn't even own them anymore...I am one of the few companies to own old Cuban brand names that Cuba doesn't produce anymore.

I find it funny that you think that I am classless for commenting on marketing that is deceiving to the consumer.....

Truth in marketing always wins.....

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I also agree that pete's flaming of andre is classless, especially on the internet nonetheless. Immediately the first thing i thought when i read his post. If his marketing is bull, then his product will support such.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
If his marketing is bull, then his product will support such.
Ryan,

People talk about others all the time. On TV, in the paper, on the internet, Everywhere. The world is an open forum now. So me posting on this site my thoughts is to educate the forum. Andre just happens to be the topic. It could be anyone and I would still comment in hopes to educate the consumer even more....

Andre has a good award winning product made for him that many people enjoy and sells out very quickly. My only problem is how he chooses to sell the product. You can still make a great cigar without slinging bull. He doesn't need it, so I am not sure why he is doing it.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Okay I have had enough of this bullshit.....LATE HARVEST...Please....

Picking grapes LATE adds sugar and alcohol levels.

Picking tobacco LATE will make the tobacco darker but bland.....

When tobacco is ready to pick, it's ready and must be picked within a certain time range.....If you leave it on longer than necessary, it will only start to lose strength and flavor.....

I wish Penn and Teller would do a show on Bullshit like this.....

Hey Andre, learn about what you are selling before you start making up bullshit for people to buy into.....
Oh, and BTW, I love the whole wine reference with cigars...Never heard it before.....
sorry, but I took this as a little more than simply educating the consumer..

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ryan,

People talk about others all the time. On TV, in the paper, on the internet, Everywhere. The world is an open forum now. So me posting on this site my thoughts is to educate the forum. Andre just happens to be the topic. It could be anyone and I would still comment in hopes to educate the consumer even more....

Andre has a good award winning product made for him that many people enjoy and sells out very quickly. My only problem is how he chooses to sell the product. You can still make a great cigar without slinging bull. He doesn't need it, so I am not sure why he is doing it.
Your posts don't come off like you're educating anyone Pete.

I understand you don't like the way Andre is selling his product and that is your right. Being that you are constantly saying it you shouldn't get so bent out of shape when people have a problem with the way you're marketing your product.

Just my honest opinion for what it's worth.

Thomas M

Boutique Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done Ryan. Classless on Tatuajes part. This is nothing mare than a slam and now he's backpedaling with "educating the consumer". No need for this type of rant. I missed the memo, is Tatuaje now the tobacco police?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
True.

For me truth in marketing in the cigar business is something I am very passionate about. To see a complete bullshit marketing tool boiled my blood because I don't believe everyone hear needs to be lied to.

Unfortunately for me, my extreme passion for this business sometimes brings out my worst side. You should hear me talk about the business when I have been drinking.....It's not pretty....

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Well the fact is that the way the Viaje ad says it is that, by picking the tobacco later in the season the better it is, or there is a discernible difference in the quality of this great new thought.

Pete is educating, in this case, and albeit with some bias. People read this "Late harvest" marketing and do not know what Pete Just told us.

Disclaimer, I like some Tats, I love some Tats. I have spoken publicly against some things Pete has done in the past, some in jest and some in seriousness. I don't drink anyone's Kool-aide, but my own. (OK small jab at Dion's Marketing) and I just read all about the Jonestown Masacre.

I would be pissed by a competitor's false advertising. And would speak openly about it. You will be friendly with some competitiors and you won't be with others. No reason Pete has to like Andre, or even speak nicely about him. How do you compete with someone who is lying about their product?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Well done Ryan. Classless on Tatuajes part. This is nothing mare than a slam and now he's backpedaling with "educating the consumer". No need for this type of rant. I missed the memo, is Tatuaje now the tobacco police?
No Thomas, I am not the tobacco police. Just overly passionate about this industry that has given me a lot for close to half my life. I am not retracting anything. A lie is a lie...simple...I am not the only one talking about it.....

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
This level of honesty and approachabilty should be commended. No one says you have to like what he says. Pete has changed the business by getting back to what works best. Listening to the consumer and being honest in his dealings. That is rare these days. He feels WE are being duped so he says so. Thank you Pete!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
LET me add....

If this new cigar with it's overly ripe leaves, ends up being the best thing to hit cigars since fire, then Pete will end up eating some words, in a big way.

So he has more to lose by posting here, than Andre does by not. Andre will let the excitement from a few Limited releases, to carry him into a way to market a crop that got picked too late.

BTW Selling a car, Fresh Paint!!!

Translation , Car had a recent accident, and body work just got completed.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Guys Pete has a passion for the cigar industry and hates all the bs thrown around to sell cigars. If you have the opportunity to meet him just ask him how he feels about triple fermented leaf and that should get the ball rolling on a great discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.