What's new

A place for fishing!!!

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Seriously! This transition from 90* weather straight to 60's made me feel like we missed fall already.
My instagram feed has been nuts with people crushing albies, I haven't been out that way in a few months but I'm sure its a zoo. Goodluck if you head out, any decent bass/trout lakes out your way?
I normally pick one of the lakes along RT. 2

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Any of the Great Lakes or PNW brothers get into some good steelhead fishing yet this fall? Water temps are just now hitting ideal conditions for a good run to start here in Cleveland

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Any of the Great Lakes or PNW brothers get into some good steelhead fishing yet this fall? Water temps are just now hitting ideal conditions for a good run to start here in Cleveland
I wish, just not in the cards this year. I fished the spring run/drop back steel in April but the flows were way too high. NY supposedly had a crazy king run this year, steelhead are starting to trickle in now.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I wish, just not in the cards this year. I fished the spring run/drop back steel in April but the flows were way too high. NY supposedly had a crazy king run this year, steelhead are starting to trickle in now.
Yeah I know a guy who went on a king charter boat not too long ago and said the fishing was incredible. Adding that to the bucket list for sure.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Hey Adam, Did you make it out last weekend?
Yeah, hit Bashan lake in East Haddam. Caught a few little guys, then ended up with engine trouble (or so I thought) and had to bail early.

Dropped the big motor to switch spots and noticed no water was coming out of the pee hole on the motor :wideyed:. (I launched in the dark and did not notice originally, whoops). Went back to the launch on the trolling motor and headed home. After messing with it for a few minutes, it ended up being something stupid. Had some kind of bug larve in the hose that feeds the telltale. Cleared that and all is good, but it cost me some valuable fishing time.

My season is over. I hate the cold :(

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Glad to hear you didn't smoke an motor @Opie
My brother killed one of my motors about 10 years ago cause water wasn't feeding and he didn't catch it.

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah, hit Bashan lake in East Haddam. Caught a few little guys, then ended up with engine trouble (or so I thought) and had to bail early.

Dropped the big motor to switch spots and noticed no water was coming out of the pee hole on the motor :wideyed:. (I launched in the dark and did not notice originally, whoops). Went back to the launch on the trolling motor and headed home. After messing with it for a few minutes, it ended up being something stupid. Had some kind of bug larve in the hose that feeds the telltale. Cleared that and all is good, but it cost me some valuable fishing time.

Sorry to hear you had to cut it short, that’s the worst. At least you caught the issue early and had the trolling motor to get back. I’ve heard of guys with motor issues having to row back to the boat landing if theyre lucky enough to have emergency oars.
I hate the cold too man. While wading last February I fell in the river 20 minutes into the day and completely ruined the outing before it started. I’ll probably get one or two more outings before I call it this year.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Hey brother, drive south a little and we'll get in some of the best largemouth fishing of the year. I enjoy going out this time of year more due to a lot of the anglers are in the woods chasing four legged critters. No lines at the ramp!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well I think the fall run has finally kicked off around Cleveland! Caught my first steelhead of the season today after some nice rain. A ton of anglers out there but didn’t see any other action on the rocky river. Every one else still seemed to be throwing spoons but a single pink fuzz egg with an orange dot did it for me.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
For the love of all that is good and holy anyone who ice fishes please make sure the ice is thick enough. We had someone here last week drown because they thought (through what logic I cant figure out) that we had thick enough ice....honestly idk how they got out as far as they did because they broke it all up during the rescue