What's new

A Proposition for All You Homerollers

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Send me one those and I'll let you know how it is.
I volunteer as tribute!
@Marc L

You guys should be ashamed of this blatant fishing for handouts.:stop:
Marc, I apologize for their behavior.

Now, have you considered the effects a dry climate might have on your home rolls? It could be interesting to see if they burn/taste different in the desert. If you would like, I'd be happy to try one here in Phoenix and let you know.:whistle:
Purely for research purposes.
:)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
@Marc L

You guys should be ashamed of this blatant fishing for handouts.:stop:
Marc, I apologize for their behavior.

Now, have you considered the effects a dry climate might have on your home rolls? It could be interesting to see if they burn/taste different in the desert. If you would like, I'd be happy to try one here in Phoenix and let you know.:whistle:
Purely for research purposes.
:)
If you wanna see how a home roll burns in the desert come out to the east side, lol. I got a few laying around

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This all was very fun! Think now how much more fun and, higher rated it could be to do it again with our added experiences.
Thank you Matt (@A Huge Nerd) as well as all the contributors at Blind Man's Puff for doing this for us.
A special thanks to @FmGrowit (Donald J. Carey wholeleaftobacco.com) for your support.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Congratulations @Hopduro! I'm still a bit sore at my results, but the judges have spoken and I took a risk rolling a new size for a judged competition. I know what they reviewed isn't anywhere near indicative of what I'm rolling now, especially considering I roll an average of 200 sticks a month and my construction is way different now. I would like to see the Sighted Man's Truth BOTL series make a come back so we can all push each other and grow more.

Thank you for all your work on this @A Huge Nerd. I know it turned out to be more than you expected

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
@nic syrup... you using mata fina in that blend? :D
Nice work man, your stuff is definitely tasty.
My guess is the Corojo viso, but I've never smoked one of those at 18 months so I don't know for sure.

My cigars where wrapped in what I later found out to be fireproof h2k. The burn problems don't surprise me in the least. I have a few cigars wrapped at the same time, with the same wrapper - I might burn one soon. Oh well. Nothing about this "competition" means one damn thing, 18 months later. I really don't want my name associated with this scoring. Those are not the cigars I roll anymore.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Congrats BOTL crew.
You have shown your abilities and conquered the politics in this little contest.
The deck was stacked against you,you were limited by the available leaf,your work was held overlong,and you still made a solid showing.
I have no doubt that today you could crush this competition ,and would support you in the endeavour.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0