Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, did you use Pectin?

"looks like the roller dipped it in pectin"

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Meh.

All of us that submitted cigars roll orders of magnitude better now. I am extremely disappointed that Matt hasn't made it clear that after giving us a very tight deadline he sat on the cigars for over a year.

These reviews mean nothing.

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ouch... Glad to have the honest feedback though. Honestly don't remember which ligero I used or if I sauced it, but I appreciate the time and effort put into reviewing these. I know I sent in robustos and hadn't been rolling that size long. Goes to show you, don't try new things for a competition or review situation.
Well, you have done variations on the blend since then, and have a year's more experience and improvement since as well.
Probably be a lot of work, but worth it, to scientifically evaluate how different blends and factors like mojo react to mid term aging.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just curious, did you use Pectin?

"looks like the roller dipped it in pectin"
Nope, haven't used pectin in a really really long time. I use gum tragacanth. That broadleaf is thick so to make the cap stick well sometimes you have to be a little liberal with the glue
Meh.

All of us that submitted cigars roll orders of magnitude better now. I am extremely disappointed that Matt hasn't made it clear that after giving us a very tight deadline he sat on the cigars for over a year.

These reviews mean nothing.
Well, I shouldn't put as much weight on these things as I do. I stopped entering my beer to comps because the "judges" didn't know their asses from holes in the wall. Comments like the pectin one above do kinda discount some of what they say, you know? I figured they would score higher though, especially with a year of age on them. Oh well

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You have to remember these guys are pretty tough on a cigar. It's why you will never see super high scores from BMP (I think 96 is our highest). They don't know what they are smoking as it's just a band and a number. This cigar could have easily been any number of brands. Without the band you would be amazed how the appearance of a cigar changes. So far we have an 89 and an 86. You know what else got an 86? https://blindmanspuff.com/blind-cigar-review-las-cumbres-tabaco-freyja-valhalla/. An 89? Better than an some other cigars. https://blindmanspuff.com/blind-cigar-review-camacho-nicaraguan-barrel-aged-toro/ . I am looking forward to getting the other 3 finished and posted! It's been a fun experience for us and hopefully everyone is enjoying it. (Other than Nic it seems).

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I am looking forward to getting the other 3 finished and posted! It's been a fun experience for us and hopefully everyone is enjoying it. (Other than Nic it seems).
Sure you're having a good time, smoking free cigars. We (with the exception of @BrewinHooligan) are apprentice rollers, and have substantially increased our skills since the time these cigars were submitted. A mea culpa from @A Huge Nerd would go a long way to setting this right. His introduction to Jonathan's cigars was patronizing at best, and sets a very bed tone for home rolling cigars. "A shucks, those kids sure do try hard, don't they?"

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
You have to remember these guys are pretty tough on a cigar. It's why you will never see super high scores from BMP (I think 96 is our highest). They don't know what they are smoking as it's just a band and a number. This cigar could have easily been any number of brands. Without the band you would be amazed how the appearance of a cigar changes. So far we have an 89 and an 86. You know what else got an 86? https://blindmanspuff.com/blind-cigar-review-las-cumbres-tabaco-freyja-valhalla/. An 89? Better than an some other cigars. https://blindmanspuff.com/blind-cigar-review-camacho-nicaraguan-barrel-aged-toro/ . I am looking forward to getting the other 3 finished and posted! It's been a fun experience for us and hopefully everyone is enjoying it. (Other than Nic it seems).
I do appreciate the time and effort, I really do. The feedback is great to have, especially in a blind format. My score compared to some commercial offerings isn't horrible, it just sucks that what you guys reviewed isn't indicative of my current work.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Great job Jonathan! An 86 for a cigar you rolled over a year ago. With how much you've improved since then, your MMs would probably score in the 90s now.
Thank you very much! I appreciate the kind words. I'm always pushing myself to improve and I feel like I took a few steps back today, but have to remind myself that the sticks that were reviewed aren't what I'm producing now. It's great having the support of the great people of this forum to help you see some perspective.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I do appreciate the time and effort, I really do. The feedback is great to have, especially in a blind format. My score compared to some commercial offerings isn't horrible, it just sucks that what you guys reviewed isn't indicative of my current work.
I need to agree here, we did this for feedback. What the hell am i going to do with feedback on my rolling over a year ago? I definitely don't remember my rolling... Woooo those leaves tasted good at some point?

This is why bliss's tasting/contest reins superior. 2 months. Reviewed. Scored. Done.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk