What's new

all time favorite movie line

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Jessep (Jack Nicholson):
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Jessep (Jack Nicholson):
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
A little more than a movie line. But a good monolgue none the less!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Jessep (Jack Nicholson):
I did this monologue in speech class lol

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Let's see here these are a couple of my go-to's when the situation arises.
"get busy living or get busy dying" - Shawshank redemption
"What we've got here is failure to communicate" - cool Hand Luke
"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go were burning daylight" - The cowboys
"I've got a bad feeling about this" -Star wars
"IT'S A TRAP" -Star Wars

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"You boys like MEXICO!!" - Super Troopers

"Isn't that the San Francisco treat?" - Something About Mary

"How do you know what kind of Goddamn day it is?" - Sam Elliot in We Were Soldiers in response to being told "good morning".