What's new

Another Chef trip to the other side (Asia)

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Had lunch in Shenzhen. Hot pot! One of my faves originally recommended by @Rupe

My co-worker had to exclusive this before he left. Loved it!

Then flew to Shanghai. Two hour delay....

Took the Maglev...picture sucks

Went 300km/h!

Now in my hotel. Friggin exhausted. Probably traveled around 10000 miles so far. In my fifth different city so far. Will be flying back to Shenzhen tomorrow....

Then I go to work since co-worker flies home tomorrow. Two days to get a weeks work done since this trip was about getting him acclimated over here mostly. He's dead tired lol

Been busy, beneficial, fun, and non-stop. Can't wait to see my family! Thank God for technology and how easy it is to contact home. It's even easier than only two years ago when I first came here. Weird but it is.

Thanks for keeping with the replies. Keeps me sane :) :) :)

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Good to see you are back in China Ryan. Having technology to keep up with your family is definitely a godsend. If I had had Skype available to me back when I was Making my sourcing trips to Asia (10 years ago now) it would have been a lot easier on my family.

Hope you have a safe trip home at the end of the week :)

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Fun day in Shanghai. The Asian CES was incredibly small which is surprising since everything in China makes Texas look like Rhode island.

Saw a couple cool things like this rideable wheel aka segway killer?

Then because the show was small we had time to venture. Took my co-worker to the Bund landmark area

Known for the view :)

I lit up a ERDM from 2008.

It had a nice appleeood taste

Cool area

People getting wedding pics

Then headed to a famous restaurant for Shanghai food

The food is much sweeter in Shanghai. Forgot to take pics....sorry

Then flew back to my mainstay in Shenzhen and am relaxing before I hit four factories tomorrow. Will be a long day

Enjoying a psd4 and ginger ale aka water to someone who speaks engrish. It got straightened out after three attempts lol

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Looooong day in Shenzhen. Lovely weather...low humidity....ugh

Only went to 6 factory visits. And the bonus? They were worse inside!!!!

Oh the excitement :(

We stoppedd for lunch after four visits thankfully

Was fantastic

Then after the visits we stopped by to see Boss Ma who is a China baller who was wearing Orange Versace pants and drives a Maserati. Character, but great businessman. Father of four also do we shared pics. Fun to communicate that way despite not speaking the same language.

Had a lovely boli RC while drinking tea in his office

Then dinner was at a fancy place at the Ritz Carlton since we decided on steak

Ordered grade 12 Wagyu beef tenderloin

Was good but not great in the sense of matching the stratospheric price point

Now back at my favorite China hotel in my favorite China cigar lounge by myself(hence my favorite) smoking a siglo 6 which are never a bad thing

Got a ginger ale despite ordering water. Last night got water despite ordering ginger ale. Not sure if fucking with me or just guessing but I just went with it this time...

One more day of work. Heading to Guangzhou factory in morning then back to Hong Kong for the night, dinner and maybe some shopping. Then fly out Friday at 1245. Can't wait, I'm wiped out

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
There is also a Davidoff lounge at the Peninsula next to the Sheraton where the LCDH is. Didn't visit on my last trip, but I plan on it next time. Just for the sticker shock if nothing more.
I've been to a few Davidoff shops. They're nice, but typically small

My hunt for RACFs has failed:(