What's new

Another Chef trip to the other side (Asia)

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Lit up a siglo 2 tubi and hit the strip

Saw some Thai fighting that was clearly all staged

Then snake charming chaos

Then ventured around and decided to pop into some strip clubs. Was a street full of them with girls out front begging you to come in. Sex on display. Guys waving flyers in your face and trying to lead you into clubs for strange shows. The further we went the stranger it got.

After bailing from a Russian club after we sat down we were chased down by the waitress and bouncer to pay for waters we never got. I argued and told them to Fuck off until my buddy diffused by offering up the 600 Baht which is about 20 bucks. Sleaze bags...

We then entered a weird one...

We only stood about five minutes before leaving without a piece of our soul. There was no fun or entertainment. Just detachment and exploitation. A sad sight to watch and we exited stage left as quickly as possible.

A quick reminder of the USA and how we complain about truly first world problems. This is a devastated culture surviving on soul selling to eat. There's no hope. There's no joy. Just despair and sexual slavery whether direct or indirect. More prostitutes than tourists. Desperation...

I truly can't wait to leave this country tomorrow morning. Leaving it behind in its sad broken state and when I arrive back in the states next week I will embrace our commercialized BS culture and know it could be so much worse. Still reigning so far supreme in regards to living standards and opportunity among others.

I also can't wait to finish dinner and head to my room and call my daughter to remind myself there is still good in the world.

I feel like a dirty dirty man in a dirty dirty place and sadly nothing here will change anytime soon

A beautiful people(women) with an exotic trait that I love too :)

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
If you don't mind me asking, what type of work are you in?
Procurement Manager for an electronics manufacturer. Responsible for managing all my suppliers, finding new sources, choosing who we buy from and what we pay, studying new markets, giving people shit etc :)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Lit up a siglo 2 tubi and hit the strip

Saw some Thai fighting that was clearly all staged

Then snake charming chaos

Then ventured around and decided to pop into some strip clubs. Was a street full of them with girls out front begging you to come in. Sex on display. Guys waving flyers in your face and trying to lead you into clubs for strange shows. The further we went the stranger it got.

After bailing from a Russian club after we sat down we were chased down by the waitress and bouncer to pay for waters we never got. I argued and told them to Fuck off until my buddy diffused by offering up the 600 Baht which is about 20 bucks. Sleaze bags...

We then entered a weird one...

We only stood about five minutes before leaving without a piece of our soul. There was no fun or entertainment. Just detachment and exploitation. A sad sight to watch and we exited stage left as quickly as possible.

A quick reminder of the USA and how we complain about truly first world problems. This is a devastated culture surviving on soul selling to eat. There's no hope. There's no joy. Just despair and sexual slavery whether direct or indirect. More prostitutes than tourists. Desperation...

I truly can't wait to leave this country tomorrow morning. Leaving it behind in its sad broken state and when I arrive back in the states next week I will embrace our commercialized BS culture and know it could be so much worse. Still reigning so far supreme in regards to living standards and opportunity among others.

I also can't wait to finish dinner and head to my room and call my daughter to remind myself there is still good in the world.

I feel like a dirty dirty man in a dirty dirty place and sadly nothing here will change anytime soon

A beautiful people(women) with an exotic trait that I love too :)
Ryan for all our faults and they are many, we truly do live in the greatest country on earth. There is a lot of good in this world. Our children remind us of that. You are not a dirty, dirty man. The fact that you recognize and have compassion for those not blessed with the opportunities that we enjoy and your recognition of the value of family prove otherwise. What you are is a blessed man. Don't forget it and don't be so hard on yourself. Peace brother.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
It's too bad to hear your impression of the county. If I would've known where you were going, I might have suggested going further south to the beaches. Much different atmosphere and truly breathtaking scenery. My wife and I visited awhile back and I can't wait for my next trip. The beaches around Railay, Aonang, Krabi and the islands around there are some of the best I've seen. Railay is a rock climbers paradise and you can find cheap accommodations, great food, better scenery and no cheap prostitutes ruining the scene. Look at AJ's posts on facebook where he went north to Chiang Mai, the north is awesome too. Do yourself a favor and get away from Pataya which is a dirty beach town IMO.

Years back I saw a picture of an amazing limestone cliff sticking out over a beach on the cover of National Geographic Traveler and thought I wanted to go there... I did. Look up Rayavadee Resort and the surrounding area.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Seriously, do a Google Image search of that resort, it's breathtaking... makes me want to go back now! lol

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
This isn't a great pic, but shows a good perspective on how the peninsula is laid out. You can walk from one side of the peninsula to the other in minutes. Cliffs everywhere and chill resorts mixed in with a few posh ones.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Wish I had my Thailand pics on this laptop, would show some of mine. The tsunami of 10+ years ago hit this area a bit... some climbers took video of the tsunami coming in... it was crazy. The resort I stayed at got hit a bit... workers said boats were laying inside their pool. The island of Koh Pi Pi was hit hard... was the area where they filmed the movie The Beach. We took a boat ride tour of the islands, was pure breathtaking. And I lived in Hawaii to compare it to.

Rant off. lol

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Great pics Ryan

I was impressed by some of what I saw. Nothing like those pics though!

I enjoyed my time here up until last night when seeing the scum of the earth. I guess it was just shocking after going out for fun only ending up seeing grotesque obliteration of human integrity for money.

AJ had some great pics and I wished we had gone the scenic route. Maybe another time

But I will say, I get to come out of here a little bit smarter since I paid close attention and my Detroit instinct was buzzing at max volume