What's new

Anybody have any luck with UF-13's today?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Bought my second box of UF13s and a box of rats today. I have a third box in the works that I will be splitting up to fellow BOTLs on here once I receive it.
Good lord dude. You must be making tons of calls.

Sent from my AOKP G-Nex
Nope. He has friends looking out ;)
Yep thanks to Eddie and being on a lot of call lists, I actually have shops calling me telling me they are in or when they expect them in.

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Yep thanks to Eddie and being on a lot of call lists, I actually have shops calling me telling me they are in or when they expect them in.
I agree. Not a whole lot of chasing here. Once you build that relationship with a shop or online vendor, they contact you when stuff comes in. Also helps when you have the LP Hunter in your corner.

willzbar

Lost at the Lake
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
I agree. Not a whole lot of chasing here. Once you build that relationship with a shop or online vendor, they contact you when stuff comes in. Also helps when you have the LP Hunter in your corner.
I'm not hunting either (mine should be coming) I was just shocked to see Justin has had such good luck with these.

Sent from my AOKP G-Nex

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So yesterday I smoked a cigar.com release, and today I smoked the new release pigtail. I have to say that I was very disappointed in the new release.

The cigar.com version was a smooth cocoa overall, and the new release was a big jumbled mess. This isn't that surprising; obviously the extra year and a half of aging has mellowed out the blend and created a more uniform but nuanced smoke. I found halfhweel's differences to be between the two to be fairly accurate. Interestingly I had forgotten exactly what they had to say about the two different sticks, and had simply remembered that they did mention comparisons. Read them below

There are noticeable differences between a fresh release and the prereleases of the UF-13 from the Cigar.com sale. The fresh roll is stronger in just about every way: body, strength, distinctness of flavors, pepper on the retrohale and spice on the tongue. The Cigar.com prerelease is a bit more balanced, a bit more muted profile wise, and the sweetness in the blend is quite a bit more evident. It is extremely obvious when smoking these side by side which is the newer roll. Although both versions are extremely complex, if you like your Liga Privadas strong and earthy, pick up some new ones. If you like your Liga Privadas more nuanced and sweeter, track down some prereleases, or age the new ones for about 18 months.

They say the new release is complex...I say it's a mess. This doesn't mean I think it's a bad cigar. The aged 2 years version is absolutely unreal. I'll smoke a couple more new releases, but I have a feeling that everything I find will be getting a very long nap. And I'll be hunting many of them.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The UF-13's have landed in CA finally.

My local B&M only got one box and I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of these.

Can't wait to see what all the hot fuss is about.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
SDShark you are clearly looking at this the wrong way. These are the prerelease cigars so they are worth more. So it breaks down to $425 for the cigars and $425 for that awesome plastic that they are bundled up in. Totally worth it! I hope theres not a limit because I wanna buy 3!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managed to get hands on only 1 last nighbut somehow between my local B&M and my house the damn tail broke off! Haha just my luck! Stoked nonetheless though