What's new

Anybody have any luck with UF-13's today?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So I lazily put in a call to Drapers Bethesda In a half assed effort to get one or two of these. So FYI dc area brothers, they said their order hasn't even come in yet. So the opportunity is there. He told me to call back Monday and ask George.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I lazily put in a call to Drapers Bethesda In a half assed effort to get one or two of these. So FYI dc area brothers, they said their order hasn't even come in yet. So the opportunity is there. He told me to call back Monday and ask George.
I called them a time or two this week. They told me they got the shipment for locker holders, and put me down if a few didn't pickup. If they call, I will buy a box, if not, no worries. I'm sure they're going to get more in over the next few weeks. They have an event with Willy in May, so I'm sure they'll load up

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I called them a time or two this week. They told me they got the shipment for locker holders, and put me down if a few didn't pickup. If they call, I will buy a box, if not, no worries. I'm sure they're going to get more in over the next few weeks. They have an event with Willy in May, so I'm sure they'll load up
lol, I called earlier this week as well. the Bethasda store has a wait list you can give your info to get on and said their were "promised" to get another shipment within the next two weeks, but all of the first shipment went to the dc store (which the dc store said they sold out within an hour or so)

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
lol, I called earlier this week as well. the Bethasda store has a wait list you can give your info to get on and said their were "promised" to get another shipment within the next two weeks, but all of the first shipment went to the dc store (which the dc store said they sold out within an hour or so)
Yeah, the two store deal is a bit weird. They hardly know what stock the other has and will release on their twitter/Facebook stuff only to not have it at one or the other.

I will scope it out next Saturday when I go to the Tat thing and see what they have. They always have a box or two of something special they're hiding away for someone at the Bethesda store.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yeah, the two store deal is a bit weird. They hardly know what stock the other has and will release on their twitter/Facebook stuff only to not have it at one or the other.

I will scope it out next Saturday when I go to the Tat thing and see what they have. They always have a box or two of something special they're hiding away for someone at the Bethesda store.
Tat thing?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pete Johnson's going to be in DC Friday and then Bethesda on Saturday, debuting the Tatuaje WCD house cigar. I can't make Friday (and I'm going to the Signature DE event Thursday) so I'm gong to Saturdays.

Sorry to derail the thread.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Pete Johnson's going to be in DC Friday and then Bethesda on Saturday, debuting the Tatuaje WCD house cigar. I can't make Friday (and I'm going to the Signature DE event Thursday) so I'm gong to Saturdays.

Sorry to derail the thread.
It's not derailed no ones had any success to post lol thanks ill pm ya

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I walked into a B&M today and they had a full open box by the register. I asked and it was their last box. Instead of buying the whole box I just grabbed a few and some Dirty Rats. Figured that others needed the chance to buy some too. It's Easter, ya know?

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I walked into a B&M today and they had a full open box by the register. I asked and it was their last box. Instead of buying the whole box I just grabbed a few and some Dirty Rats. Figured that others needed the chance to buy some too. It's Easter, ya know?
That's mighty generous of you. I take more of a every man for themselves kind of approach when at my local B & M. When we got T52 pigs up here a few years back I tracked them down for a bit and my local B & M received a shipment. I went up there at lunch as a dude was grabbing a box. I grabbed a box for myself and a box for a friend who also wanted one. I didn't feel bad about doing that either becuase there were 2 boxes opened for people to take singles (none had been taken yet though) and 3 or 4 other unopened sealed boxes on the shelf. I decided to light up a stick while I was there, and about 30 minutes into my smoke a guy came in and bought the rest. I'm talking like 5 or 6 boxes, which I found to be kinda ridiculous. The shop opened at 10 and was sold out shortly after noon. Only 3 people got to buy boxes which sucks for everyone else looking for these things. It served as a lesson that no one else is gonna look out for you with this stuff so grab what you can when you can.
My local shop said they are expecting several boxes of UF-13s at the beginning of this week. I'm going to try to go in and buy whatever I can afford because I'd rather sell it at whatever I pay to my fellow BOTLs on here rather than to some guy who never does business with my local B & M and who is selfishly hoarding all the wealth or selling them at insane markups.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This phenomena about certain cigars that make enthusiasts run to local B&M's and buy as many as they can carry out only fuels the fire of the Marketing people....this means that they only make enough to keep the cigar popular and drive the fame of it by those who have smoked some and then tout them as the second coming. 50 years of this and I see this so many times and for those who think they are getting something special....it's a cigar. Yes, it's a good cigar but it isn't the second coming and it's disappointing to see so many BOTL who fuel the fire of a cigar that is better than some but no better than other cigars half the price. It's kind of humorous to see this continue and I know for DE they are using the same sales technique as AF...worked for them so I'm not surprised it works for DE. This isn't something new in the area of Marketing/Advertising...it's the same thing used for hundreds of years.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't think they're artificially making these harder to get at all. Maybe that's just me. I think they could sell way more cigars if they could produce more anyhow. Sure, by keeping it rare, prices are somewhat higher, though they don't even get a penny of the markup game. If they wanted to maximize profit, they would crank out any thing with a unico sticker and be done with it.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
My local B&M got a box in on Friday. They have em priced at $19 a piece which is more than I like to spend on a stogie but I splurged and bought one... nice smoke.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Heads up to all in the Detroit, MI area. Churchills on Woodward in Birmingham has a box in and is selling single sticks only. Not sure on pricing, I forgot to ask.