What's new

Anyone headed to the IPCPR?

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"What is IPCPR"

It's the cigar industries annual (yearly) trade show and it's being held in New Orleans this year.

The International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association is the oldest, largest and most active trade association representing and assisting retail tobacconists.

Our members include:

over 2,000 retail stores throughout the world selling tobacco products and accessories - premium cigars, tobacco pipes, loose tobacco, cigar and pipe accessories and gift items.

IPCPR 77th Annual Convention and International Trade Show

August 8 - 12, 2009
Ernest N Morial Convention Center
New Orleans LA

The IPCPR Annual Convention & Trade Show is the most important event of the year for tobacconists! It's your best opportunity to select the high quality products your customers expect, and to discover the new and exciting merchandise that will keep your customers coming back!

more than 350 manufacturers, distributors and service providers of high quality merchandise

... and all fully committed to preserving the rights of adults to enjoy legal tobacco products.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"Where is a good B&M that I can get a good smoke and lounge"

Send a PM to Blooz4me, he leaves in New Orleans and I'm sure he can steer you in the right direction my brother!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
dang it!!!!

Gonna miss it by 4 days.

gonna be in nawlins from 8/16 to 8/19. when it's nice and warm.

maybe i'll be able to find a few old used cigars inthe gutter that were elft over!!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
dang it!!!!

Gonna miss it by 4 days.

gonna be in nawlins from 8/16 to 8/19. when it's nice and warm.

maybe i'll be able to find a few old used cigars inthe gutter that were elft over!!
You and dpmrpa will be in town at the same time....maybe you guys can meet for a smoke or two!

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I am thinking about going for a day or so, and trying to get press passes to get in...

~brooks
Hey Larry, I'm from there but I live in Dallas. I'll make contact with a few friends down there and get a good B&M with a lounge.

I'm looking for a pass to the show as well, as I plan on being there.

AJ

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
If you guys find a good lounge or other smoke-friendly venue, let me know. I'll be there. I don't know the area too well so any suggestions are welcome.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
If you guys find a good lounge or other smoke-friendly venue, let me know. I'll be there. I don't know the area too well so any suggestions are welcome.
The IPCPR has set up a designated smoking "hospitality suite" in the Compass Room Riverside Building that is equipped with a deck overlooking the River.

There are also multitude of shops in the immediate area as well... if you want me to forward that info I can do it as well.

Hope that helps...

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
The closer it gets and people finally figure out whether or not they are going, I think that would be a great idea/gesture on your part Cyrann! :applause:

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
The closer it gets and people finally figure out whether or not they are going, I think that would be a great idea/gesture on your part Cyrann! :applause:
I'll post what they gave me later tonight... I do not have the info in front of me, but I'm sure it will help. :cbig: