What's new

Anyone headed to the IPCPR?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'll be down in New Orleans on vacation the week before. I should've checked the schedule.

Oh, Well. Can some one point me in the direction of a B&M down there? Or should I just bring my own.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Guys, I just got confirmation on my press passes, so I am in :)

Let's get together!

~brooks
Good for you Brooksey! I know you been sweating bullets waiting to find out whether or not you were going to get the press passes! :thumbsup:

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Good for you Brooksey! I know you been sweating bullets waiting to find out whether or not you were going to get the press passes! :thumbsup:
Well, I don't know about sweating bullets! LOL!

But, obviously my site has not be around as long as most of the others (although it feels like forever, we have only been live about a month), so he must have been in a good mood when I talked to him (since I have heard other people with sites have not gotten them)...

~brooks

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Well, I don't know about sweating bullets! LOL!

But, obviously my site has not be around as long as most of the others (although it feels like forever, we have only been live about a month), so he must have been in a good mood when I talked to him (since I have heard other people with sites have not gotten them)...

~brooks
Now I'm not knocking anybody else's but, he like us, know's how good a site you have and the following you have from your fellow B.O.T.L.er's! :applause:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just confirmed going last night. I'm going to fly in Sat nite or Sun morning and stay through Monday evening.

Bear

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
They all cost money my brother (unless I hitch my way to New Orleans), I haven't worked since 12/31/2008!

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Count me in!!! Just got confirmation of my pass! Larry, if you can catch a ride to Dallas, you're more than welcome to travel with me! :grin:

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Ok guys... Been doing some research.

It looks like most of the smoking places they are setting up at various hotels and restaurants in and around the convention center are for high rollers, bringing in big crowds. (ie, renting out courtyards...etc)

Here's a place a little ways off, but it looks like a cool place to meet up after the convention. I've talked with Marvin, and we're meeting here at 8:30pm Sunday night.

http://www.dosjefescigarbar.com/#home

Hope to see everyone there!

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Ok guys... Been doing some research.

It looks like most of the smoking places they are setting up at various hotels and restaurants in and around the convention center are for high rollers, bringing in big crowds. (ie, renting out courtyards...etc)

Here's a place a little ways off, but it looks like a cool place to meet up after the convention. I've talked with Marvin, and we're meeting here at 8:30pm Sunday night.

http://www.dosjefescigarbar.com/#home

Hope to see everyone there!
Wish I could, but am coming in Monday morning till Tuesday night...

are yall hangin any other time?

~brooks

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
This received from Xikar, via email....

New Orleans restaurants and cigar-friendly destinations

After a long day at the IPCPR show our crew will be ready to relax with great food, great wine and great company. We'll also want to enjoy a good cigar, but unfortunately most New Orleans restaurants are no longer cigar-friendly. So we'll compromise: good food, then cigars.

Check out our list below for some great recommendations. Of course, if you are in need of a great accessory in New Orleans, check out your nearest XIKAR retailer first!

CLOSE, BUT NO CIGAR:
Cuvée
The accolades are all well deserved. Enjoy.
MiLa
Husband and wife duo create a must-dine experience
Cochon
Cajun Southern cooking at its best
Herbsaint
French-inspired Southern cuisine on historic Saint Charles Ave.
Emeril's NOLA
BAM! Need we say more?
La Boca
The best Argentinean wines and steaks around

SMOKE 'EM:
Arnaud's
French Quarter killer cigar bar
Broussard's
Hit the beautiful patio for a cigar
Dos Jefe's Cigar Bar
Live music seven nights a week
Windsor Court Hotel: Polo Club Lounge
Elegant patio for lighting up
The Bombay Club
Distinctly New Orleans. Hit the patio to enjoy a cigar.
Ritz Carlton: Library
Guests are welcome to smoke in this 3rd floor library.

Last edited: