What's new

Anyone Raise Their Own Food?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Honestly if you have the facilities, land, and know how to do your own gardening, and raising what you eat. IMHO you will live longer like the people on Okanawa..

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I do a garden every year, we have some fruits (plums, blood orange, kumquats, figs, mayhaws, blueberry, huckleberry, and a peach that's not doing well..) as well as laying hens, and meat rabbits. We're pretty limited on space though, so everything's pretty small scale.. just enough to keep us happy :D

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
After having a bad gardening year last year, I have spent the time and effort to do better this year. Other than butter lettuce, nothing is in the ground, but the garden has been ready to plant for the last 6 weeks. About 10 days and I hope the weather will FINALLY cooperate. 27f this morning.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
After having a bad gardening year last year, I have spent the time and effort to do better this year. Other than butter lettuce, nothing is in the ground, but the garden has been ready to plant for the last 6 weeks. About 10 days and I hope the weather will FINALLY cooperate. 27f this morning.
Highly reccomend Dick Raymonds books. Especially his first one "Down to earth gardening know how" (kinda hard to find) Fantastic ideas from that guy.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
eggs, big garden, living the dream............
I love farm fresh free range eggs. My crappie fishing friend Gary and his wife raise all types of fowl and give me eggs several times a year and they are wonderful. They don't like and eat eggs, and don't butcher for the meat. Mona (Gary's wife) enjoys them as pets and would get really pissed if any were intentionally harmed. Seems kinda weird, but it works well for them and Mona is a happy lady.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Finished planting the garden yesterday. Ended up with 14 tomato plants ( 7 varieties), 3 bell peppers, 20 green beans and 3 stages of butter lettuce. So far, so good.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I don't raise my own food but ever since we moved to NC i have kept wanting to buy a nice steer to fill the freezer.

Found a nice 1000lb jersey steer locally... free range grass fed and bought him today.

Getting hung tomorrow for 10 days. Pretty excited about not having to buy commercial meat again.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
I don't raise my own food but ever since we moved to NC i have kept wanting to buy a nice steer to fill the freezer.

Found a nice 1000lb jersey steer locally... free range grass fed and bought him today.

Getting hung tomorrow for 10 days. Pretty excited about not having to buy commercial meat again.
pictures or it don't count

Rating - 100%
13   0   0

You should have said something sooner. The neighbor had one get out twice in the last week. LOL