What's new

August Cigar of the Month - E.P. Carrillo 5th Year Anniversary Limitada

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think this was the only Tat my local did not have in stock today. If anyone ends up getting a 5er I'd be willing to trade a stick or 2 for a stick or 2.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
My B&M did not have any. Guess I need to order with my big bombing order. Hopefully that happens next weekend.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
what a coincidence I just bought one of these last wednesday and smoked one friday night. Good choice I dug it. I think I still prefer the 7th reserva size though.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Just a reminder for everyone. We're planning the virtual herf tonight in BOTL Live Chat. Please join in whether you have the CotM or not, the goal is just to get everyone together. It's always a good time when there's a bunch of people on chat. Thanks again to everyone, I'm really happy that there was so much interest in this.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sorry I couldn't join fellas. Stuck at the future in laws no real internet connection. I'll be in on the next one though!!

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Yeah, that's cool Geoff. A few of us on chat tonight had one or were thinking of having one at least. Thanks for doing this, can't wait to see what's in store for us next month.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0

late to the party, but I had one on me, and it sounded fabulous as an after work snack. good cigar to get lost in.

i look at some prominent veins, looking like well-worn scars, and know they will wind up as winding dark lines against a perfect grey ash and even burn.

take the time to gently peel the cap with my teeth, mostly to savor the texture of the toothy wrapper. shit looks and feels like an old pair of well-loved ox blood docs. not that i ever took my boots off with my teeth, just not that talented.

i wonder why something that we readily describe as "barnyard", and really does smell of earth and decomp and feces at times, is a positive thing? and it is. maybe an animal back brain response, if you can smell it, you know it's there, and you're safe? maybe a response to millennia of agriculture, knowing that "fertile" soil brings bounty? maybe a little bit of freud yet to be entirely debunked?

the sourness of this cigar surprises me. most of the reserva i smoke are CBL, with a brawny sweetness underlying. this habano wrapper brings the sourness of whiskey, of bread dough, of choices made and unmade. maybe bittersweet would be more appropriate.

might be the day, the mood, but this cigar has taken me down some interesting tangents, got me to think in some unsusual circles, and made me remember some people fondly. fair enough excuse to add a few more to the rotation.

well chosen and thanks!

Last edited: