What's new

Beer O da day!

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Anyone tried these? One of my faves. Nice oak aged beer with a caramel and vanilla finish. Great with a cigar! Hard to find in the US though.
I can drink that beer all day long. Nobody touches that stuff around here so I got a steady supply.:)
I can only get mine up in Canada. Cost about $80 for 24 bottles. Very steep so I am curious what you pay when bought in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Had this after work tonight. On the initial smell I was instantly reminded of wine. It is brewed with cherries, but gives off that strong wine-style aromas. The taste is phenomenal, the hype is deserved for this. I didn't really get any buzz off of it, but that's not a bad thing. I usually don't go for fruity beers/lambics/etc. but this was very good for what it was. It gave me a very nice "satisfied" feeling while drinking it. I would love this to be in a food pairing with a rich dark chocolate desert.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I went with my friends brew club to an apple orchard in Jan. where we washed, ground, pressed, then bottled 5gal carboys of fresh cider--the smell in the "cellar" was divine.
This was my first attempt at hard cider and I'm very pleased with the result. Very refreshing, cheap, and delicious.
cider.jpg

My friend needed to bottle his Cascadian Dark Ale (fancy name for Black IPA) to send to a competition in Portland, so I went over to "help" him (drink it, that is).
I'm not a fan of B Ipas but he nailed this one. Super hop forward, with a semi-sweet chocolate finish/aftertaste. Went great with my Illusione 88.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Just drank my Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break. I was expecting this to be an epic beer that tasted just like biscotti. I am not disappointed in it per say, but I wish it had more biscotti flavor profile to the beer. The Imperial beer is great, fantastic for the style. Just my bottle was very, and I mean verrryyyyy, subtle in the biscotti flavors. On the plus side I went from sober to tipsy after drinking it in 30 minutes. Solid beer, but I wouldn't pay more than $10-$12 personally again. At $16, this is the only one I will have.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Water or diet soda:crying: diabetic and meds will NOT allow any alcohol what-so-ever. The doc told me to stop jokin gars....we almost parted company right there. He knows how far to push me now.:)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Seattle Beer Week 5th Anniversary Organic Pale Ale - Fremont Brewing Company
Very sessionable with enough hops to satisfy my greed for IBUs.
freemontBeerwk.jpg

Bonus: funny paragraph on the can celebrating Seattle's beer culture.