What's new

Beer O da day!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Figured I would post some recent brews since it's been a while

I wasn't expecting the pepper heat with this beer. But it was surprisingly good!

Great, just great. Really loved this beer.

I actually liked this DFH beer. Really good, refreshing and not over malted.

I thought I was drinking a wet or smoldering campfire. I set a bottle aside to see what age does to it.

This one tasted slightly infected. Better luck next time.

Goodness in a bottle :grin:

A sour to rival russian river sours. I really liked this a lot!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
^^this Cascade Kriek is great. Their apricot and their blueberry are also divine. Sadly the bottles cost $20 a pop, but even worse I saw the apricot on tap just today for $14 a pint!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
^^this Cascade Kriek is great. Their apricot and their blueberry are also divine. Sadly the bottles cost $20 a pop, but even worse I saw the apricot on tap just today for $14 a pint!
I've never come across those. But, the cherry was purely awesome. I could see the other fruits being great too.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
some hoop stoopid, DFH 61min. , also tried a 12 oz brother Thelonious for the first time...awesome stuff. then an Elysian loser nice for the price. Also some old house brewery brewer's reserve imperial stout, kinda pricey but damn good.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
View attachment 30722View attachment 30723
Killkenny--smooth and delicious. Boundary Bay Scotch ale, a zesty change of pace.
thanks Pyro, yet again--the plaid skirts were def. noted:thumbsup:
Guessing you went to A Terrible Beauty? The waitress attire makes the drive worth it for me :grin:

How did you like the Kilkenny compared to other Irish beers? Guinness makes it I remember right and I have never tried it because my LOVE for Guinness always makes me order the classic.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I too enjoy Guinness as a more refreshing beer. KilKenny is very similar, being nitro and low in abv. (3.8%), but minus the darker malts. Smooth and creamy for sure, had plenty of quality "RED" flavor, a nice change from the traditional Dark Guinness. I've enjoyed Smithwicks in bottles in the past and now I wish i'd tried it again, but on drought.
A side note: A terrible beauty have changed their hours and will no longer be playing live music either. The bartender said they're moving towards more of a family style restaurant? The small crowd started grumbling complaints. It seems i may have missed their rowdier days?
Guessing you went to A Terrible Beauty? The waitress attire makes the drive worth it for me :grin:

How did you like the Kilkenny compared to other Irish beers? Guinness makes it I remember right and I have never tried it because my LOVE for Guinness always makes me order the classic.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I too enjoy Guinness as a more refreshing beer. KilKenny is very similar, being nitro and low in abv. (3.8%), but minus the darker malts. Smooth and creamy for sure, had plenty of quality "RED" flavor, a nice change from the traditional Dark Guinness. I've enjoyed Smithwicks in bottles in the past and now I wish i'd tried it again, but on drought.
A side note: A terrible beauty have changed their hours and will no longer be playing live music either. The bartender said they're moving towards more of a family style restaurant? The small crowd started grumbling complaints. It seems i may have missed their rowdier days?

It gets rowdy to say the least, even trivia night was a wild time. My old roommate had his 21st birthday there and that was one intense night of drunken Irish people.