What's new

Beer O da day!

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Went to 3 Floyds today on the way back to Chicago from Ohio. Had a Zombie Dust and a Bourbon Moloko.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I despise stronger high alcohol beers bottled in big bottles. 22-25oz is a commitment unless you're sharing when you have a very full bodied typically sweeter 10% beer. I buy them though because sometimes that's the only packaging they come with.

I drank some Coffee Porter from Philadelphia Brewing Company last night. The beer really isn't all that great. The must have used shitty coffee because it has that bitter coffee flavor not a smooth coffee flavor. So I've been putting a couple dashes of vanilla extract to take the edge off. I also did honey in one but the vanilla was a better pair. I have also put a little bourbon in the mug which helps cover the bitterness with the sweet bourbon flavors.

Last edited:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I feel that way too. But, I'll buy a 22oz. beer all day long over a 6 pack if I've never tried it. That way I don't feel ripped off if the beer is a bust :yes:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I enjoyed a Leine's Big Eddy from last years release. I seen there is another release so hopefully it's an annual release now. I also read that Leine's is starting a barrel aged program starting with Big Eddy being aged in two types of barrels.

www.beerstreetjournal.com This is a great site about craft beer news and releases.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Started w/ a Spaten Oktoberfest...and now onto a Port Brewing High Tide Fresh Hopped IPA...heavier on the pine than the citrus, but not too shabby.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Pumpkin carving night.....

Startin'er off w/ a Russian River Supplication.....and after the first few sips I can't tell if I'm drinking wine, or beer...lol. My first real experience w/ a sour though, so have to guess this is one of those "acquired tastes" type things...

Interesting to say the least, and a very unique experience thus far.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Started my day/night with a Jolly Pumpkin La Roja. Then moved to a Boon Geuze. Next I'm not sure but I forsee an all our night.

OOh and yeah, sours are an acquired taste.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
OOh and yeah, sours are an acquired taste.
Yup....definitely can see that. Just finishing off the bottle now, and it's definitely growing on me already. The sour cherries, and the oak really come through, and I don't think I would avoid buying again....but not sure I'd seek it out right away either.

Next up....Saison Dupont Belgian Farmhouse :bottle: (if I were 20 something again, I'd be shit-faced at a Halloween party somewhere. Oh how the tides have turned...:laugh:)..

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I popped open a bottle of Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza. It has a similar brett flavor that all Jolly Pumpkin beers are familiar for but there is still a slight pilsner malt sweetness.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
With lunch today I had a bottle of Sonora White Chocolate Ale...

If you like white chocolate, this is an incredible ale. Non-existent hoppiness, like drinking liquified white chocolate. I was expecting it to come off more like a stout than an ale, which it kind of did despite being light in color.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Drinking a Dark Horse Perkulator Coffee Dopplebock with an Anejo 48 for the game tonight. Miles needs to get me 25 pts., go Austin!