What's new

Beer O da day!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Tonight I was scheduled off at 8pm, finally clocked off just after midnight, and got home at precisely Beer:30. Still in my cooking clothes, I opened the fridge to see this creature mimicking me. I swiftly popped the cap off and drained the dark thick stout into the closest glass. I poured this to find the head MIA and nowhere to be seen, this picture was seconds after I poured it. Let me say I first wanted to try this beer when I originally saw it because the label. Over months I kept reading amazing reviews about this and it made its way into my desired beer list.

My first sip I was expecting a somewhat bitter coffee flavor to hit my pallet, as other coffee stouts have seem to given to me. I was pleasantly greeted with a dark rich roasted espresso flavor flowing over my taste buds, which while still bitter, was pleasantly more desirable than the predominantly one dimensional coffee stouts. There was a very noticeable dark chocolate flavor, far more than oatmeal, which balanced it out nicely with the powerful coffee. I taste the oatmeal they are going for but it comes off as more of a malt flavor to me personally. Other less noticeable flavors were sneaking around in the background that added sweetness which made it a fantastically enjoyable beer.

I was planning on drinking this very slow to give enough thought into making a solid review. Needless to say the glass emptied faster than expected, it is extremely drinkable for being 8.1% ABV. Let it be very clear, this beer is too damn good to not to pass up. The best example of a Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout I have had yet. Terrapin needs to stop screwing around and start distributing this winner to Washington ASAP!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Couple of SN Hoptimums, Lagunita Shutdown, Hop Lanta, DFH 75 min, Crown and Coke, some of B's apple pie and some Sobieski. Is it after 5am already?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Just a Mehhhh barleywine here

I preferred vanilla

This had little particles in it... :barf:

Don't. Do. It... Trust me

I think this beer really would go well with crawfish. Simple farmhouse

Had better JK beers

One of the best sour/brett beers I've had this year. The Belgian DIPA with Brett added and aged in chardonnay barrels :drool:

Crazy how good this is, but a little hot. I think time will do it wonders.

I poured this fucker so damn slow and it still billowed carbonation like a volcano ready to erupt.

More like a double stout, body wise. But, was interesting.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Do u split all these or are they over the course of more than a day or what. Cuz I drink A LOT (thats where the name came from) but you make me feel very comfortable with how much I drink lol

:rofl: It's usually over the course of a couple weeks. But, during the weekends it's not uncommon to go through a couple bombers a day. Like I had that Onoskelis sometime in the last month. Actually there's more to post, just would rather photobomb than post one or two at a time :grin:

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Do u split all these or are they over the course of more than a day or what. Cuz I drink A LOT (thats where the name came from) but you make me feel very comfortable with how much I drink lol

:rofl: It's usually over the course of a couple weeks. But, during the weekends it's not uncommon to go through a couple bombers a day. Like I had that Onoskelis sometime in the last month. Actually there's more to post, just would rather photobomb than post one or two at a time :grin:
Oh...now I feel bad again

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Drinking a sour beer that I brewed over 18 months ago. It didn't taste quite right until this time. Last taste was back in October and it has come around quite a bit.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
some funky sour flavors with this one,

P1030880.jpg

Had a friend from work stop by yesterday and we shared these. His first time with KBS and without me talking it up he was blown away,

P1030883.jpg

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Have had this probably 8 months and still very good - hasn't lost much of it's hops. could drink this all day...of course its pretty
potent at 10% so it would be a short day...

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Drinking a homebrewed sour I made over 18 months ago. Shared the bottle with my fellow overnight shift compadre. This beer rocks at this point, I look forward to the day I open the 3L bottle of this stuff!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2