What's new

Beer O da day!

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I'm the exact opposite of the spectrum from Larry on this one...

I drank a bottle and my opinion was Belgian and RIS are two styles that have no business together in a brew. Individually, I love em' both....together.....one of the worst beers of 2011 for me.

Right up there with the Sierra Nevada Life & Limb. :frownno:
I completely agree with you on the rogue, but the L+L while I wasnt a big fan at first... I recently cracked another bottle from my stash, and loved it....surprisingly much better than I remember.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Today is the Winter Hum Bug from Mac Tarnahan's Brewing Company. So far so good.

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Laughing Dog's "Devil Dog"
At 98 I.b.u.'s, and 10% abv the hop-head in me is wicked happy.
Definitely a new favorite, and not nearly as sweet as DFH's high-gravity Ipas.
-Dude
(This is right up your alley, Larry.)

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Laughing Dog's "Devil Dog"
At 98 I.b.u.'s, and 10% abv the hop-head in me is wicked happy.
Definitely a new favorite, and not nearly as sweet as DFH's high-gravity Ipas.
-Dude
(This is right up your alley, Larry.)
Here's a couple others to keep an eye out for Dude, if'n u haven't already had em' that is...

Flying Dog Double Dog and He'Brew Lenny's Bittersweet RIPA.....both of which I found after moving on from DFH 90....and preferred each over the DFH.

For me tonight....still working my way through my Lagunitas Sucks stash.

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Here's a couple others to keep an eye out for Dude, if'n u haven't already had em' that is...

Flying Dog Double Dog and He'Brew Lenny's Bittersweet RIPA.....both of which I found after moving on from DFH 90....and preferred each over the DFH.

For me tonight....still working my way through my Lagunitas Sucks stash.
Had the Double Dog, and enjoyed it, but as the Devil dog is (very) fresh in my memory, I might like it better.
He'Brew has disappointed me in the past, so I haven't picked up the Lenny Bruce beer, as much as I've wanted to because of the Lenny Bruce thing. Maybe I'll have to find a couple...
Speaking of Lagunitas Sucks, I broke down and bought a case tonight, along with a few other things.
-Dude

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I can't remember the first tap beer, but had that, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, Arrogant Bastard double deuce, Winter Grind and a Left Hand Milk Stout,

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
This years Brooklyn's Monster Ale, good but not ready. Last years drank fine right away, but I'll have to let these rest for a few months before my next one and see how it develops.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
This years Brooklyn's Monster Ale, good but not ready. Last years drank fine right away, but I'll have to let these rest for a few months before my next one and see how it develops.
Great to know... I went through a 4 pack last year after our great ice storm of 2010 :rofl:

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Having a Deschutes Jubelale. Very nice, not too dark and the bottle has some cool holiday raised glass on it.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
My Momz signed me up for a beer of the month thingy.... I know I know I didn;t have the heart to tell her not too.... but this month's Beer is from Sebago Brewing - not too bad....

Slick Nick's Winter Ale

Their IPA was pretty decent too....