What's new

Best B&M Retailer Shout Outs

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yes, Matador was first on my list to check out. Looks really nice.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/matador-cigars-roslyn-heights
I was told Massapequa location is the same layout but wider. Been steady business every night that I'm there. And I usually go around 6-7pm and stay until closing which is 10 or 11pm depending on the night. It's a really nice shop though. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area. I'll probably be there lol.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
In WA, there aren't many great places, as the hippies here hate all forms of tobacco smoking (somehow they're just fine with that other kind of smoking, go figure...)

A couple I'd nominate are:

1)Smokey Joes, in Fife, WA which is one of the very few lounges around and the manager, Mark, is a really, really nice guy. I've dropped in a couple times with out-of-town guests, and he's always bombed them a few great cigars and had a chat with us. Great selection and prices, and did I mention it's one of the very few lounges in the state?!

2)Cigar Daddy's in Olympia, WA. Met these guys at a fundraiser (at Smokey Joes, incidentally) and they were all kinds of friendly. Had another friend of mine drive down there to visit and arrive just as they were closing up. The owner told him he wished he could let him in and smoke a cigar with him, but he had to do something with his family that night, so instead he asked what kind of cigars my buddy liked to smoke, and gave them to him. I've had other friends rave about the service there as well.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The Outlaw South in Overland Park, KS. A big beautiful place with comfortable chairs and lots of tvs . Friendly staff for the most part. You can bring your own drinks in. Poker room in back. Good parties with a lot of proceeds and cigars going to the troops. Great selection, if something new comes out you can bet they are going to get it in. I'll be heading there for a Xikar party later this months actually.

Btw, it's a suburb of Kansas City on the KS side for those not familiar with the area.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Buckhead Cigar Club in Atlanta. They have an awesome selection and is run by Mike and Boram, two of the classiest guys in the cigar world.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I haven't been to many, but two that stick out are:
Casa de Montecristo - La Grange, IL - might have been JDog's 'hostiness' more than anything.
Silo Cigars - Knoxville, TN - stopped in before the Redneck Rendezvous last year and the service was phenomenal. So much that I am flying in a night early to Knoxville before the herf this year to stop by.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Smokes On Burdick - Kalamazoo Michigan

I've been to a lot of shops and the owner is one of the best people around. The shop is a museum for tobacco. It's probably my favorite shop I've ever walked into.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Where are all the California folks at? I need tips on some good shops.

I've only been to a few in my area. The only worth mentioning is -

Ellis Cigar Lounge -Redlands, Ca.
Nice big walk-in great selection and nice owner. Helped me out when beginning my cigar habit ...errr.... hobby.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jungle Jim's - Cincinnati OH. You can herf it up every Thursday on their outdoor patio in Fairfield, and they're currently building an actual lounge at their Eastgate location.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I'm a fan of Churchills (Mira Mar and Old Town) Mark and Danny go out of their way to bring in newer/boutique stuff and love to talk shop both with cigars and beers. Chances are, if I stump them with a "do you have... " question, it's in the Mira Mar humidor (bigger in size), or on tap the next time I'm there.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Maduro Room in Lexington, SC huge selection, good prices and very friendly knowledgeable staff.
The Cigar Box Downtown Columbia, SC beautiful place, prices are a bit higher, but free pool if you spend 10 bucks

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
The World Famous Cigar Bar here in Fort Myers, FL. This is my local go to.
Stick Cigar Company in North Fort Myers. No so much for selection but for the people, this is my go to sit and have a great time hanging out with some good guys.
Edwards Tobacco in Lake Land FL. Great atmosphere & knowledgable staff
Coronas Sand Lake in Orlando FL, come on it's like a super store!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local shop is definitely worth stopping in if anyone happens to be traveling through Amarillo. Plenty to choose from, and a great atmosphere with a nice smoking lounge.

Good Karma Cigar, Todd Daley, Amarillo, TX
Cigar Pointe, San Antonio, TX (Only stopped in here once, but spoke with owner for a while. Really nice guy and helpful)

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I will also add Cigar Republic in Elmsford, NY to the list. They have the best prices in NY. Yuriy's service is awesome, and how the owners whom are brothers took a shot with it is a great American Dream story. Again, just a shop I don't go to as much as Cigar Inn, but if you are in the area of either location you will be impressed by their service.
Been to their Danbury, CT location also and it is great.