What's new

Best Cutters?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I was thinking my cigars may be under humidified because they have a tendency to crack when I cut. However I noticed my cutter was struggling a bit to make a cut. I'm using a Colibri at the moment. I used my buddies a few weeks ago and his was newer, and it cut through the cigar effortlessly. So they certainly dull over time. I've heard some companies claim theirs don't dull ever, but IDK.

Recommendations?

Also if anyone knows of a wide gauge punch cutter let me know!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Palio...

Def worth checking out. Pretty low price point if you look around. Also I had a small problem with one and they took care of it quickly. I think they cut a little under 60 though.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Either Xikar or Palio are bound to be the most suggested cutters out there and really I think it comes down to preference. Either company has great customer service from what I've seen and both offer replacement guarantees. I personally have my eye on a camo Palio once my cheap o stops doing the trick.

Dan

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
For the last six months - I find myself using the Tatuaje 'event' cutter (dummy-proof) - it just works great all the time, unless there is a pig tail or 'topedo-tip', then I use my Xikar cutter on my key-chain. My Palio has a layer of dust on it.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I think there are many answers to this. I depends what kind of cutter you prefer. I have a xikar which while it cuts well I am not a fan of the narrow grip design of it. I do like my Palio as well it cuts beautifully and I do like the more traditional feel of the cutter. I think my favourite though is the wenger swiss army knife scissors, I also have a set of siglo scissors I like a lot. I like V cutters for some figurado's and my favourites tend to be the Xikar/wolf ones, a unique design that works well for me. There are also many great punch cutters if that is your preference. I had a colibri for a while which while it worked ok for the begining the blades did not stay sharp for very long. I find it funny that I have bought and used many different cutters I still have not found that I really only use one. I have them spread all over the place so it is usually which one is on hand and in times of need I have used my pocket knife or in worse times my finger nail without much detriment to the smoking experience. As a side note I also quite like the Drew Estates stupid proof cutters. They have a good heavy feel that I like and do a pretty good cut. If you know which one style you prefer do a little research and find the perfect one for you. There really are lots of good cutters out there.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my cheap scissors finally dull, I think I'm going to go with Xikar folding scissors.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Same goes for me. I rotate the v cut, xikar, and punch depending on the mood. I didnt care for the palio too much and traded to a great bro here.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've got Palío, Xikar Xi3, Xikar XV, Wolf V-Cutter...

All the above are phenomenal cutters, but it's so much a personal preference. I can tell you the sharpest cutter I own is the Montecristo Signature cutter (traditional dual guillotine), also not a bad option.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Older Palio, year old Palio and Xikar in that order. (Palio changed the rail length a couple years ago, the shorter length I'm not a big fan of.)

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
My Xikar has been rocking on for better than 10 years now, so I have to endorse it. My Palio worked great for awhile, but then came apart and I can't seem to get it to go back together so that it wants to work. The pieces just sit in the drawer.

Might get a nice scissor cutter one day...

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have a Xikar XI2 and a Palio. Since I got my Palio about 4 years ago I havent touched my Xikar.