What's new

Best Cutters?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Once you get to the group of cutters that are generally acknowledged as among the best (Palio, Xikar, SAK, etc.), the best cutter is the one that feels best in your hand. All 3 of the ones I just mentioned feel and work very differently from each other. Try to use them and then make a choice.
This is some SOLID advice. I have a couple Xikars, a Palio, and a few others. Of all the ones I use, I go back to my Perfect Cutter or my Xikar ZX Ultra-Slim because in my hand the way they cut seems to give great results the most consistently.

If you only want to buy a cutter or two, I'd recommend trying other folks' cutters to see what feels best.

EDIT: Hah, just realized the post I quoted was from two years ago, not four days ago! That notwithstanding, this is advice I'll be giving to others from now on, because it's still true!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
OK... I now have Palio cutters and Xikar Xi3 cutters. The Palio is definitely sharper, but I prefer the design of the Xi3. I guess I like both!

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I have a few but my Xikar is my go to. Had my first one about 9 years before it broke. No worries sent it back to the company and they sent me a brand new one best customer service!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I got a Xicar II from cigarbid for $17 on free fall. I have been using it for a couple weeks now and love it. It is lighter than I expected, and very sharp.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have used nothing but my Xikar for almost 10 years, every day every cut perfect. Never needed sharpening. However I just got a beautiful ST. Dupont Cutter and it cuts so beautifully. I just hope it stands up as well as my Xikar, Xikar Is the cutter of choice for me!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I just can't find anything that cuts better than Palio. Downfall is that they dull quickly.