What's new

Best Value/Most Underrated Cigars

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's not snobbery, you've just built yourself a palette that enjoys higher quality tobacco.

Aj Fernandez has excellent value line sticks in the Diesel, MOW that are consistent and pretty damn tasty for what they can be had at. He also has phenomenal sticks that fall in the 4-7 range (New World, San Latano Oval) in my opinion, right now he offers the best overall value for your money.

Matilde Renacer Corona/Lancero
Cain F Lancero
Brazilia GoL
Padron Londres
Curivari
Rocky Patel Vintage 90/92
Illusione Rothschild
Tatuaje PCR
Surrogates Cracker Crumbs
Great list here. Diesel Corona's are a solid buy on CBid. Love those things.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Best bang for my buck is Oliva hands down. Other great value sticks (apart from what you've seen here) include Torano Exod. 50yrs, Perdomo Champaign Series, La Glorias, La Aroma de Cuba- Mi Amor, Ramon Bueso Genesis, Rocky Patel Fusion, and Gran Habano Corojo #5. (IMO)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I don't smoke cigars often enough to limit myself by cost. I only get in 1-2 cigars a week if im lucky 3 a week in the summer.

Best value for me, Tatuaje (10th annv) / brown label. Often i will be smoking a cigar that costs more and I will think, "I could have had a tatuaje". other time I will have a cigar that costs less and I will think "damn this is almost as good a a TAT.

So Tatuaje is my measuring stick / best value point.

Few years ago when I was trying to find the elusive great tasting budget stick I liked El Baton. I gave up on that quest though.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Best value cigar is def the box split me and Jim did at the recent herf this weekend. $136 for a box of 25 DPG Blue robustos from 2011. Yep. At about $5.44 a stick you wont find better.

Other budget sticks I enjoy JDN Dark Corojo and Laranja

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Think those DPG blues come up on Cigarbid for about $4 (but I don't know which size.) I have never bought them because I prefer other things at that price point but for those that do like them...

2011s at that price is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: ENV
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just to clarify, all of these are not just good values but very good, if not close to excellent sticks At $4-7 each other than wet packs. Call me a snob but I wouldn't smoke most of the stuff people consider budget smokes because better cigars can be had for about the same price.
I've never seen the wet packs. Heard of them, but haven't seen them. Never heard a bad thing about them. The only ones I found when I did a quick (very quick, tbh) they were 3 packs for 45 or 25 for 300 at federal. Are those the ones you're talking about?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I've never seen the wet packs. Heard of them, but haven't seen them. Never heard a bad thing about them. The only ones I found when I did a quick (very quick, tbh) they were 3 packs for 45 or 25 for 300 at federal. Are those the ones you're talking about?
Yes sir.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
The "wet" packed Tatuaje are among the tastiest cigars in recent history - IMO
I don't know much about cigars, I just smoke them, but I think the 03 Cojonu is the only one that is wet wrapped. The other ones are just wrapped in foil. But I am not a cigar expert nor do I play one on TV.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Tatuaje Tattoo and the Tatuaje Havana VI are some of the best sticks for the money at around $5-6.
I also think some of the My Father cigars such as the Le bijou are some really good smokes for the money.
Agreed. Also these can be found even cheaper on CBid or the Monster.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Massachusetts or Grand Cayman depending on weather
If we're talking the "value" category, then the 5 Vegas fuller bodied sticks (Miami, Cask Strength, Triple A) are pretty good deals at around #3/stick. And I second the MOW Ruination, which is one of my favorites in general. And I've always found the JR Consuegras (with a little age on them) to be pretty good at $1.50 per stick. I did a blind test with a few buddies at our local cigar bar and they all pegged the Connies at 6-8$/stick and really liked them. They are a staple on my camping trips.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One thing I like about this thread is it exposes positive things about certain favorites of ours to others. Yes, we vary in tastes but sometimes we share things more than we are diverse and I've gotten some great ideas of what cigars to smoke based on others who share my tastes. For a lot of us who have been long time cigar smokers there aren't many we haven't tried but one thing I know is that our tastes change regardless of how long we've been cigar enthusiasts....it's all about the journey not the destination.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I agree with the Jose L Piedras! KGD just gifted me one and I dig it.

I used to like Fuente Curly Heads and Curly Head deluxe maduros for a cheap smoke.

A little off topic, back in the day I used to buy tons of Padron Fumas. These were also medium or short filler with a pigtail cap and covered foot. Sadly these were discontinued.

Edit: Forgot to add the L'atelier Minis...Crackers Crumbs, El Suelo, etc....those soft packs are tasty.

Edited again: Keep think of stuff. Padron Londres!

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I don't like this thread cause I get so upset about the kind of cigars people spend $4, $5, $6 on. :)
It's not like it's my money or my cigars but still.