What's new

Best Value/Most Underrated Cigars

JRRIII

Jake
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no Gurkha fan and don't smoke them but the Gurkha Park Avenue Churchill with a little bit of age on it is a pretty good smoke, and you can get a box on CI for around $70 but I'm sure it could be found for cheaper. But for around a $3.50 stick I find it hard to beat for what it is. A buddy of mine gave me box along time ago and I use them for beach cigars or if I want to continue smoking after I've smoked something heavy, so that way if something happens to where I have to put it out I don't feel too bad about potentially wasting it.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I'm no Gurkha fan and don't smoke them but the Gurkha Park Avenue Churchill with a little bit of age on it is a pretty good smoke, and you can get a box on CI for around $70 but I'm sure it could be found for cheaper. But for around a $3.50 stick I find it hard to beat for what it is. A buddy of mine gave me box along time ago and I use them for beach cigars or if I want to continue smoking after I've smoked something heavy, so that way if something happens to where I have to put it out I don't feel too bad about potentially wasting it.
Pretty sure this one is blended by AJ Fernandez. I also had one years ago and that I thought it was decent.

Austinoir

The luckiest guy in Shawshank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't smoke cigars often enough to limit myself by cost. I only get in 1-2 cigars a week if im lucky 3 a week in the summer.

Best value for me, Tatuaje (10th annv) / brown label. Often i will be smoking a cigar that costs more and I will think, "I could have had a tatuaje". other time I will have a cigar that costs less and I will think "damn this is almost as good a a TAT.

So Tatuaje is my measuring stick / best value point.

Few years ago when I was trying to find the elusive great tasting budget stick I liked El Baton. I gave up on that quest though.
I'm try to resurrect El Baton. My B&M have about a dozen of robustos on their bargin bin shelf. I'm interested in grabbing the lot at a deeper discount and having as a once a week stick. Enjoyed it after the initial pepper and spice.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Make sure some L'Atelier Travailleurs make the cut!

Great little inexpensive smoke, and while I was skeptical at first, the whole pre-cut thing isn't a bad thing!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I recommend pretty much anything by AJ Fernandez.

I STRONGLY recommend the Diesel Unholy Cocktail. Can be had for $2-3/stick, but it has $6-8/stick quality of flavour and construction.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Oliva V
Regius Seleccion Orchant
Tat J21
RoMa Aquataine
DPG Blue (again...)
Jericho Hill Willy Lee
Padron x000 series

All under $10 and punch above their weight.

T52 Double Corona - more expensive, but the last one I had burned for over 2 hours. I consider that pretty good value.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Oliva V's.
Cromag original line.
Le Bijou Toros.(I know they got the high rating by CA, but I still think they are underrated)
Four Kicks No.5
Tat Havana Cazador.
Elogio of all kinds.

Cigar F^iend

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Ramon Bueso The Project or Habano, $2-3 per stick all day on cbid. Exclusively marketed by the CI stores. **NOT A SITE SPONSOR (n)**
Aging Room SB 356ii Paco or Motivo $3.50-4.50
DGP Blue $4-4.50
New World $3.50-4

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
For me any waste of tobacco is a mortal sin. But there are plenty of cheapies that I love. Alec Bradley America is my top cheapy box of 25 for 58 bucks can't go wrong. There are plenty more that are the same quality of the ab America at a comparable price

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I recently picked up some san lotano bull toros and habano lances for $4 or less. Pretty good value there. . .but not sure they are "underrated".

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mostly smoke undervalued cigars, and have come to believe that most of the high priced, high zoot ceegars with legends built up around 'em are just that...legends. To me, there are more sticks available in the $4-8 range for me to justify spending the big bux for ceegars...my regulars that fall into this category are:

Foundry Chillin' Moose
Man o' War Ruination
La Perla Black Pearl Morado...previously mentioned, for good reason
JR Uncharted...a house brand by AJ Fernandez
Fallen Angel Devil's Ink...another AJF blend, no longer available, picked up a bunch at CI on special a while back.
The 5 Vegas Gold was mentioned...it was my go-to for a while, good ceegar

There's some others that aren't coming to mind right now. We are truly living in a situation where there are so many great ceegars available on line if you shop specials, that are the equivalent...to me, anyway, with my non-snooty palate...to the big guys...Padron, Opus X, Liga Privada...yes, those are great sticks, but so are some of the so-called cheapies out there...at least to me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You beat me to the punch here. I think AJ easily is the best value in the market. La herencia cubana oscuro. Pretty tasty smoke for $2-3. Same thing can be easily said about MoW and diesel. The Armada was probably the only smoke that while good, was a joke at $20. I'm yet to find an AJ blend that I truly hated.
Could not agree with this more...most of the blends I really enjoy ARE AJ Fernandez...I have a non-sophisticated palate, but I tellya what...I can tell when a stogie is made by AJF...I'm a believer...so many of them are 'value priced'...they have it all goin' on for me!

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I just wanna mention small vitola CCs in here. Most everyone has been listing NCs, but if you don't mind or like the PC vitola you can find GREAT CCs for ridiculously low prices.
SC Principies for 100 a box of 25
party shorts for 200 a box of 50
PL panatelas 70 a box of 25

the list goes on. small vitola CCs are all over the place for 3-4 a stick and its glorious

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tat Havanas value and somewhat overlooked
7-20-4 coronas underrated
Illusione Rothschildes for value
d'Crossier 512s for value
Muwat for value
Padron 3000 for value

Last edited: