What's new

Best vitola

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love lanceros for the obvious reason - more intense wrapper flavor.

I like robustos. Depends on the cigar though. I love Tatuaje Cojonu 2012's and those are toros. I love perfectos in the right cigar - had some large ring gauge perfectos by Casa Magna that I enjoyed. I love the Padron 1926 #9 which is a pretty large ring gauge.

Now that I think of it the only vitola I don't love is torpedos and that's because I've had too many torps with unacceptably tight draws.

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
^^^We got a runner!

Back on topic, it really depends on the situation for me. Just thinking about the extremes, I was in Iceland smoking outside and a 4x40 stick was PERFECT. Because it was grim and frost bitten. And once at a party in LA I had a gran corona (9x50) and I loved it.

That said, I really dig Corona Gorda for whatever reason.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Corona Gorda is my absolute favorite.

Then robo/church/corona/petit corona/lonsdale/lancero/toro all kinda fall into the next category together, depending on what I'm wanting.

Basically if it's 54rg or under, I'll enjoy the size.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I am finding myself drawn more and more to the petit corona size. As busy as I have been lately they just work perfect. I had my first lancero a couple weeks ago and think I will be looking into a few others as well. I had mixed feelings on it so I want to gather more data.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Someone likes the lancero......hmmmmm
Don't "hmm" me, sir!
Generally I prefer anything under 50RG (though I have no qualms about toros, robos, etc -- my only BHK was a 52 and I can't say it bothered me in the slightest!). The lance just happens to be the highest form of the panatelas. Oh, hell, I'll smoke anything short of 60!