What's new

Blending Thread

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think the cedar flavor comes from the wrapper. I peeled of a little and burned it. I can smell the cedar in it.

No question, I'm on a slippery slope into cigar rolling poverty!

This is complicated business. Rolling, wrapping, blending techniques all come into play. On top of that, for home rollers leaf quality and flavor is a never ending chase as I glean from from all the posts on BOTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When my leaves come out of the freezer I'll have a lot of questions about blending and rolling. Shout be mid week or next weekend.
Take each leaf, roll it up and smoke it, so you know its flavor and strength.

Now, take 1 seco, 1 viso, .5 or 1 ligero, roll them into tubes, make SURE the dark unburny stuff is lodged into the center or you'll get a nasty tunneling more more likely canoe-ing burn; now wrap them up with a binder. Boom, now you're a blending pro! Slap a wrapper on that sucker. :woot: Now you can work on draw and stuff. :cigar:

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Take each leaf, roll it up and smoke it, so you know its flavor and strength.

Now, take 1 seco, 1 viso, .5 or 1 ligero, roll them into tubes, make SURE the dark unburny stuff is lodged into the center or you'll get a nasty tunneling more more likely canoe-ing burn; now wrap them up with a binder. Boom, now you're a blending pro! Slap a wrapper on that sucker. :woot: Now you can work on draw and stuff. :cigar:
Good plan.
I just can't help thinking this will be harder than you "experts" say it will be.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Perhaps this isn't the correct thread to ask, but what do you do with the scraps? Seems like a lot of waste product as I see in the rolling videos.
Bag it for now like MarcL says. Like most things here you'll get tons of advice and lesson plans on this question. Give it time. Remember that when you ask such questions here it is like inviting guys with long hair and flowing white robes or skinny guys with good haircuts and ties and bicycles to come to your door and talk to you about Their Way.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Found some stashed sticks while digging through a cooler and decided to burn one for "science"
1 nica criollo seco (lo)
1 corojo viso (wlt)
1 criollo ligero (wlt)
Dominican binder
Ecuadorian habano ligero wrapper (lo)

Starting out very spicy and woody with a decent amount of cream. The retro has a nice sweet citrus. Reminiscent of something out of the My Father factory