What's new

Blending Thread

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Wow! That sounds like it could be the start of something great Jim! Wonder what wrapper would continue to let the coffee dominate, how it would be with a CT wrapper, or some other wrapper to introduce some more chocolate....
I haven't had much success in predicting how the wrapper will impact the final outcome. Sometimes, I wind up looking for an acceptable filler leaf to use as a wrapper...
Who knows, maybe a PA broadleaf could add to the chocolate flavors...I have some WLT American CT I haven't used much yet, maybe that'd be thin enough to not mask the coffee.
In due time, I'll come back to this and see what I can get from it. In the mean time, I'm rolling some T-13 and Piloto Seco sticks to try to repeat that 7/9/18 comment about anissette flavors...:cigar:
I may be able to venture back into this coffee stick but without a wrapper already selected, I'm probably going to wait until I can experiment more with that one. I did like a blend of Honduran seco, CVVAH seco, corojo viso, and Nicaraguan ligero with the Ecuador seco wrapper...
20181029_231702.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Today's blend was my mellowest ever.
1 Piloto Cubano Volado
1 T-13 Viso
.5 Nic Condega Ligero
Bound with half leaf WLT Dominican binder
Wrapped in Ecuadorian Seco.
This was smooth and mellow right off the table. Plenty of smoke production, just mellow.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This thread has the funniest name: blending thread. Like it's about stitchery, embroidery, that kind of thing. Blending thread.

Anyway, I've been doing this shit (blending tobacco into cigars) for five years now, and keeping very explicit blend notes in a massive Excel spreadsheet the whole time. Last night I studied it from beginning to end, and realized there is only one leaf out of all the WLT and LO leaves that consistently shows up in my highly-rated blends, over the entire span of that five years. That means that it's not only been a good leaf but a consistently good leaf for a long time, which is a whole nother thing. It tastes good, burns well, plays well with others. That leaf is LO PC Volado.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Today's whimsical blend is dom ligero, t13, mf, and corojo seco.
One was bound with the Mata fina, one was bound with t13. They'll be wrapped in Ecuadorian seco.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered some leaf from LO. Seeing as I'm absolutely new to the concept of blending, can anyone offer a blend that I could start with based on what I've ordered?

Not looking for anyone's secret blend, just a starting point for my first few times rolling. Id hate to roll a real ugly cigar just to have it taste awful as well lol.

Braz mata fina
Braz cubra habano
Nic viso jalapa
Dom seco piloto
Dom volado piloto

And shit...just realized I ordered no ligero. Typical.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ordered some leaf from LO. Seeing as I'm absolutely new to the concept of blending, can anyone offer a blend that I could start with based on what I've ordered?

Not looking for anyone's secret blend, just a starting point for my first few times rolling. Id hate to roll a real ugly cigar just to have it taste awful as well lol.

Braz mata fina
Braz cubra habano
Nic viso jalapa
Dom seco piloto
Dom volado piloto

You can probably roll those in any combo and it won't suck too bad. Is the "Braz mata fina" their wrapper SKU, or something else? What are you binding with? (This is the kinda info that's needed to suggest blends with what you have). One thing I could suggest is rolling each of those as it's own unique filler, 2 or 3 leaves worth. So you can start getting some clues of what each leaf tastes like with the binder and wrapper you're using at the moment.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Braz mata fina
Braz cubra habano
Nic viso jalapa
Dom seco piloto
Dom volado piloto

I'm not familiar with the Brazilian cubra habano nor the Nic viso jalapa but do enjoy everything else you ordered. One combo I really liked with a bourbon on ice is Mata Fina, piloto seco, Dominican ligero with Ec seco wrapper...
I think it had a piloto seco binder.
The volado you have goes well with about anything as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My latest blend is:
1 Nic seco long filler
1 Polito Cubano viso
1 Dominican ligero
1/4 nic habano ligero
1/4 CT1 LS ( or some number like that ) from LO (it's a pretty wide leaf)
Dominican binder
Ecudorian (seco I believe) wrapper

Right off the table it's really nice

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Gonna give a blend a shot - we'll see how it goes - thoughts?

Wrapper : Probably Ecuadorian Shade
Binder : Dominican
Cameroon Seco: 2.5
Dominican Volado: 1.5

Gonna roll it into something just short of a robusto-ish.

I might tweak it and toss a Nic Ligero in there (.5 leaf - replace a bit of the Seco)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gonna give a blend a shot - we'll see how it goes - thoughts?

Wrapper : Probably Ecuadorian Shade
Binder : Dominican
Cameroon Seco: 2.5
Dominican Volado: 1.5

Gonna roll it into something just short of a robusto-ish.

I might tweak it and toss a Nic Ligero in there (.5 leaf - replace a bit of the Seco)
Thoughts? It's gonna be hella mild. Probably very good with the ligero and a more robust wrapper, tho. Time's gonna tell!