What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I've sent my end of the cigar been trade and wasn't sure what the typical lead time is on the newb trade here so I wanted to throw my name into the hat. I have been very curious about pipes lately, I think it would be awesome as a collection and to even try my hand at some restorations. You guys have done some amazing work and I've been lurking over all the info I could find.

Anyway if like to be on the list and I hope you guys will accept me once my cigar trade is finalized!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I can pick up a newb for a trade, but I probably won't be able to send or receive anything for a couple weeks due to an upcoming trip.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Not sure if I'm skipping anyone in line but I think the current situation should work out between the four of us.

@Iholmes Were you looking for a cash deal or trade?
It seems like you should be able to take care of our good friend @manbearpig

I can pick up a newb for a trade, but I probably won't be able to send or receive anything for a couple weeks due to an upcoming trip.
And I would assume that would mean me and @hopzilla can work something out. I'm in absolutely no rush so if you just send me a quick message when your ready to receive I will already have something put together!

Again I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, just let me know if I am

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm pretty new to the pipe smoking world and would love to try some recommended blends from one of you seasoned professionals!

One thing, though: I do NOT need any pipes because I inherited almost a dozen from my dad. I've been cleaning them up and so far they smoke great. I also have a cob for the couple of nasty aros I've tried. And i have a pipe tool, lighter etc. So a trade would be for baccy only. How's about it?

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Out to Iholmes: 9405803699300052951640
I knew I couldn't trust you pipe folk...
Freakin' Micah tells me to take it easy on him with my end of the deal bc he is loaded down with cigars so I send a sampling of some of my favorites.
Fast forward a couple days to today and the heaviest SFR I've ever received lands in my mailbox.

You sir are far too kind. It is amazing to see all the different cuts and blends. I am really looking forward to sliding down this slope head first!!!

Only question now is what do I start with

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you are patient and willing to learn a little bit by trial & error smoking a pipe can be a very rewarding and relaxing experience. Have fun and remember....packing a bowl takes a little time to master so don't be discouraged and try to take it slow.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
You got some great ones there! I would suggest starting with the burley...
I tried the Habana daydream today, it was very nice. I really enjoyed myself but think I may have been smoking too fast or the bowl is just small on this corncob. It only took me about 20 minutes. I might try out the burley tonight after I eat