What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I knew I couldn't trust you pipe folk...
Freakin' Micah tells me to take it easy on him with my end of the deal bc he is loaded down with cigars so I send a sampling of some of my favorites.
Fast forward a couple days to today and the heaviest SFR I've ever received lands in my mailbox.

You sir are far too kind. It is amazing to see all the different cuts and blends. I am really looking forward to sliding down this slope head first!!!

Only question now is what do I start with
Great balls of fire what a hit!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Not sure if I qualify for this, but anyone willing to take me on for a trade?

I'm pretty much clueless to the pipe world. The "Getting started with pipes" and "Pipes 101" have been very helpful, but I would love some guidence. The only thing I know, actually heard of, is penzance, "the holy grail of pipe tobacco". A friend of mind said it's like a mouth full of magic, is it that good?
Anyways, I'd like to take a dip into the pipe world and I think doing a trade here would probably be a good start.

So, if anyone is interested in some good cigars for some of your pipe tobacco, I'd love to do a trade.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
The only thing I know, actually heard of, is penzance, "the holy grail of pipe tobacco". A friend of mind said it's like a mouth full of magic, is it that good?
No. If you like chasing HTF cigars, you'll like chasing HTF tobaccos. I believe I saw another cob sitting in my drawer... shoot me a PM and we can get this in the works.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
@Deadman's Point is out of his mind,

These smell amazing! I don't even know where to start. Even included two fresh rolls. Can't thank you enough for these.

Any recommendations on how I should store these?
Mother of god... great sampler.

Ball mason Jars are the best if its in your budget! If you grab a couple of big ones you can put multiple samplers in them inside the ziplock still.

Then when you figure out your favourites you can buy bulk and load them full without ziplocks. Ideally you woukd have 1 jar for each different baccy but i have a 1ltr mason wedged with Samplers.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
@Deadman's Point is out of his mind,

These smell amazing! I don't even know where to start. Even included two fresh rolls. Can't thank you enough for these.

Any recommendations on how I should store these?
So.... @ichett just smacked me with a handful of cigars. Guess he is enjoying piping. Might want to reinforce your mailbox brother.