What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I can't even fathom the depths of hell you unleashed on my doorstep.
I had a heavy mail day...Xaviers sampler isnthe bottom box.
View attachment 124500

More on the other large package will be posted in the appropriate area.

So I open it to find a letter and 3 large rolled up paper bags. WTF.
View attachment 124501

21 different blends of tobacco and I know nothing of any of them. I mean, I gotta go google how to even smoke em!

On top of that 3 pipes, and two of which look expensive and totally undeserved. I am humbled truly. I am rarely at a loss, but this one had me saying "oh my god!" And "hes a fuckin lunatic!" repeatedly as I unpacked this box like a 12 year old at Christmas. Ill be needing to ask some advice too.

For instance on the rope style...how do I prep that? Do I cut up the discs...? And how does the stem come off the pipe on the left?

Thank you again Shawn!
Damn fine hit

Bet you weren’t laughing after that one Wes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Holy crapballs man!!!View attachment 124485
I haven’t felt this uninformed for quite some time. You’ve given me quite a bit to learn and to try. It will take me months to get a good handle on all these blends. With winter on its way this plethora of baccy to explore will keep me smokin happy through a season I normally take off. Thank you for the huge spread and I apologize in advance for the soon to come dumb noob posts in the pipe forum.
What a great selection @ak2000 !

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
View attachment 124500

View attachment 124501

21 different blends of tobacco and I know nothing of any of them. I mean, I gotta go google how to even smoke em!

On top of that 3 pipes, and two of which look expensive and totally undeserved. I am humbled truly. I am rarely at a loss, but this one had me saying "oh my god!" And "hes a fuckin lunatic!" repeatedly as I unpacked this box like a 12 year old at Christmas. Ill be needing to ask some advice too.

For instance on the rope style...how do I prep that? Do I cut up the discs...? And how does the stem come off the pipe on the left?

Thank you again Shawn!
Enjoy the journey Wes! If it’s the Kaywoodie you’re having problems with, it unscrews. It’s got a stinger in it so you won’t be able to pass a pipe cleaner through is. It’s supposed to trap moisture. As far as the Brown Bogie rope, slice a couple discs and rub them out. It’s strong stuff. The Escudo is one off my favorites, you can rub out a disc or fold one up and stuff in in the pipe, both ways work and offer different experiences. The McClelland Christmas Cheer is pretty great and no longer available. Have fun!

Last edited:

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
The heavy smokey flavor is from a type of tobacco called Latakia. I don't smoke a lot of Latakia heavy blends, which are in the English category. The only ones I sent that are Latakia forward are Byzantium and Potlatch. Pegasus has Latakia in it, but way in the background. Pegasus is one of my favorite tobaccos. The Stokkebyes, Old Dark Fired, and Crossroads would probably be a good starting point.
Hmmm sounds like I’m gonna have to try some of that Pegasus!

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks for the heads up! I plan on doing alot of study work before I do anything...is this stuff ok to leave in its ziplocks?
Not long term unless they are the heavy duty kind, don't want the tobacco to completely dry out when storing. When I have a bunch of samples I'll put the small ziplocks in a larger heavy duty ziplock and throw a 69% Boveda in.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
View attachment 124500

View attachment 124501

Thank you again Shawn!
Damn..damn damn.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Call me crazy but I tried them once I guess I should had done some research first. But I got a few cigars laying around and love trading so I’m up for it if someone once to sponsor me

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
View attachment 124500

View attachment 124501

Thank you again Shawn!
Hahahaha! Shawn is insane!