What's new

BOTL Zippo?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not the Zippo Blu2 butane model, if they will offer that in a customized BOTL version?
And in my religion (first church of the gooey death and discount house of worship) it is NOT a sacrilege
to light a cigar with a soft-flame Zippo, except on Fridays.
The new Zippo lighter fluid no longer has that peculiar and offensive odor of yore.
I would be interested in one or more lighters if this idea comes to fruition.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the Blu2 isn't the classic zippo shell, man!
Oh, sorry, .... man. You mean the classic shell with the classic crappy hinge??
My suggestion only meant to save the need to buy the Zippo classic and then buy a separate butane insert.
Not necessarily a great fan of the Blu2, but just offered an alternative.
My bad! But still in for at least two of whatever the members finally choose, if this happens!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
How is the tank size on that insert? The one thing that's stopped me from getting a Zippo and the insert (besides the inability to commit to a particular style/design) were the reviews that said the tank size was good for only 4 or 5 cigars.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Oh, sorry, .... man. You mean the classic shell with the classic crappy hinge?
Yep, that's the one!

PS - no apology necessary. I wasn't trying to be snarky, sorry if it came across that way :D

On the topic of the Zippo inserts, I use one as my go-to lighter. It is a little small tank wise, but it's never failed me. I would love a BOTL branded Zippo shell.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
That's about it, Rob.
3-4 in my experience. .. Although I do tend to use a lot of fuel. Great lighter for the house when I'm close to a supply of butane.
And I realize that the amount of toasting that's done will change that number. If you don't toast at all and just pop the cigar into your mouth and light it you can probably get quite a few cigars lit, but having seen both of you guys light cigars and know that my method is quite similar, I'll accept the 4-6 number.

I'd like a larger one at home and keep my smaller tank lighters for herfs and such.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

the_bhoop

Keep Calm Cigar On
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im definitely in for one or two!! I also use the Z-Plus insert and LOVE it!!! Got 2 of them.
I need a Zippo like that for Ironworkers!
HAHA no joke especially y'all that construct high rises.

That's what I do. Union Structural Ironworker.

A lot of respect to you all too. The whole running into a burning building thing takes balls too!
Thats awesome brother! We do some heights too but not like that! Thats a bit much for me haha

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enough of the Zippo talk!! Tell me more of this religion!!!
Yeah. Kinda wondering about this gooey death part, myself.
Sorry, guys.... in his radio-only days Don Imus (Imus in the Morning) used to spoof Bible-thumpers by creating the Rev. Billy Sol
Hargis and his First Church of the...etc. I always found it particularly funny and very hard to forget.
Imus also referred to El Al Airlines as "The Wings of HIM," another bit forever stuck in my memory.
The reference to "sacrilegious" triggered my recollection ( THAT I remember... whether I took my p.m. insulin, who knows?)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, sorry, .... man. You mean the classic shell with the classic crappy hinge?
Yep, that's the one!

PS - no apology necessary. I wasn't trying to be snarky, sorry if it came across that way :D

On the topic of the Zippo inserts, I use one as my go-to lighter. It is a little small tank wise, but it's never failed me. I would love a BOTL branded Zippo shell.
No, Mr Ninja, I need to say "sorry" for being too quick on the come-back trigger and indeed a true snark.
Glad we both agree that a BOTL lighter would be a terrific idea!