What's new

BOTL Zippo?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Unfortunately, I did not look at how their customization service worked until today. There isn't a method to buy in bulk (let alone add more than 1 of the same design to your cart) or offer any control of the design. I'll look into alternatives.
Eric - I live 20 minutes away from Zippo and was over at the retail store Sunday. If I can help with this please let me know.
They have a customization desk in the store with samples so I'm sure we can get the BOTL logo on any type of lighter, although a bulk buy on a single style or two would probably yield a better price. Sorry I didn't remember this or I would have asked about it when I was there. I'm ready to go in if you need me, coach.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I prefer the look of a logo engraved Zippo. What is everyone else's thoughts?
Has anyone received a custom one-off from Zippo through their website? I'm worried about the quality since they are probably outsourced anyways.

Eric - I live 20 minutes away from Zippo and was over at the retail store Sunday. If I can help with this please let me know.
They have a customization desk in the store with samples so I'm sure we can get the BOTL logo on any type of lighter, although a bulk buy on a single style or two would probably yield a better price. Sorry I didn't remember this or I would have asked about it when I was there. I'm ready to go in if you need me, coach.
Thanks - will keep that in mind and let you know.

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
Has anyone received a custom one-off from Zippo through their website? I'm worried about the quality since they are probably outsourced anyways.
I purchased an engraved brass Zippo from their website via their customization feature. All I had printed was my last name. When I got it, it sure looked great. I did take note that the engraving seemed a bit shallow, which caused me to question the longevity of the engraving. Five months later, the engraving still looks good. The only issue now is if it might get too scuffed up to be legible as time goes on. All in all, I'm happy with the Zippo, and the price was right, only $25.

Does Zippo offer engraving of images? Their armor series have thicker cases that will probably hold up better over time.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0

Thanks - will keep that in mind and let you know.
If you're looking at engraved, I would recommend a blackened engraving on a silver (or other light color) lighter. Engraving on a dark lighter doesn't show up as well.

Never used Zippo's site, but I've had a couple made for me by third parties.

One was an eBay deal, and was lightly engraved so as not to get down to the brass:

The other was made by user @IBEW and was more like an etching:

As you can see, the effect is sharper and more dramatic on the silver lighter.

Personally, I'd like to see a black or dark blue lighter with a white BotL logo, but that would have to be painted on. Depending on the paint type, it could look really sharp, much sharper than an engraving. Might not be as durable though...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
If you're looking at engraved, I would recommend a blackened engraving on a silver (or other light color) lighter. Engraving on a dark lighter doesn't show up as well.

Never used Zippo's site, but I've had a couple made for me by third parties.

One was an eBay deal, and was lightly engraved so as not to get down to the brass:

The other was made by user @IBEW and was more like an etching:

As you can see, the effect is sharper and more dramatic on the silver lighter.

Personally, I'd like to see a black or dark blue lighter with a white BotL logo, but that would have to be painted on. Depending on the paint type, it could look really sharp, much sharper than an engraving. Might not be as durable though...
I really like the look of the black one.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Yeah, it looks really good, its just a lot less visible especially in certain lights. It's basically like a matte finish on a smooth finish.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
sadly, I am pulling my name out, Cant afford it now... Sorry guys.
Do not feel sorry. Shit happens. When everything gets going like it should you'll be able to get your name back on the list I am sure. In the meanwhile we collectively send positive toughts your way.