What's new

BotM - Baccy of the Month

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll give another +1 for Luxury Bullseye Flake. I'll throw out Mac Baren Old Dark Fired for an English style (sans Latakia) and C & D Three Friars a VaPer.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Sorry for the short notice, all!
I've been a bit out of my head as of late, so let's fast-track this through this month.
We'll do suggestions just until this evening, then I'll build a poll from that and fill in any gaps with suggestions from prior months that haven't been used yet.

It's that time again! We're looking for suggestions for the BOTL October Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Got something you love and think everyone else should try? Speak up!
  • Do you like the sound of something someone else has proposed? We want to hear that, too!
Let's take suggestions over the next few days and put together a poll this weekend.
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, Burley & Cavendish
The winning baccy from that poll will be our October PToM. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've seen mention of Exhausted Rooster several times, and it's in my smokingpipes cart, so I'll throw it out there.

Was it in the vote last month?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just looked at the previous vote and it was indeed part of it. I won't rescind my nomination of it, but I'd have no issue with that being ignored because it already lost once!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hearth & Home, I would say one of these 3. 10 to Midnight, Some people think that it reminds them of Penzance I love it but don't like Penz. second i would say Blackhouse a Balkan type mixture made and won to be like a tobacco of the past. Another one I would say WhiteKnight. Another blend that was to try and be like a blend from the past. One of the things that I like about Hearth & Home is that they are all great right out of the Tin. I have had one or 2 burn hot but even trying to get them hot and to bite I can't get it to bite. Funny thing is my Favorite tobacco isn't in that list also from Hearth & Home House of Lords. But if I had to pick 1 out of the first 3 that I listed to be in vote.

I would say Blackhouse. Virginia Lovers it's loaded along with Balkans, Kentucky, Turkish, and even a bit of Black Cavendish. First time I bought it I thought to my self wow DRY at first I thought wow this isn't right. But after thinking about it and smoking it I was like WOW that is great. One save on Drying time for smoking. and two when I buy 2 OZ of tobacco I am getting 2oz not 1.75 dried. Cost! It does cost a little more then the other Blends but I think it is worth it.

James

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I would also like to nominate either Dunhill Royal Yacht or Captain Earl's 10 Russians.

I need to do one more bowl of the Bullseye Luxury Flake and do my first review

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
I just ordered a package of La Brumeuse Semois from pipesandcigars.com. I've heard amazing things about the stuff and I'll let y'all know my thoughts when it arrives this weekend.