What's new

Bow Hunters

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
3rd time out this season yesterday. Been seeing tons of deer.
This was the view from my stand on public land in MD.

Had 2 8 pointers and a fawn come out into the open grassy area at about 50 yds. They fed toward me and got a shot on this 9 pointer. Main frame 8 with a small drop time. Would have had matching drop times but broke the other one off at some point. Biggest buck, fist public land buck, and first buck in 7 years. I'm stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got my dipped euro mount back from this buck. Very happy with how it came out.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Where did you get this done this is Badass!

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk
Taxidermist I went to in MD has a guy that does the euro mounts including the dipping. I think the guy is WV. I need to see if he will tell me who he used so I can go straight to him and cut out the middle man and probably save some money. Would just have to get it to WV.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Finally going to get out for the first time this year on Friday morning. Tough with 2 kids under 2 now. Good time to be out though with the rut picking up and cooler temps coming in. Hope to have something to update with Friday afternoon.

I hope you have a great successful hunt Marshall.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Getting ready for the upcoming season. Trying to get set up to hunt on my FIL’s 2 acre property. The county I live in reduced the safety zone to 50yds for the upcoming season so I can legally hunt there now. Talked to 2 of the neighbors about retrieving deer from their properties ahead of time and one of them is considering letting me hunt from her side of the property line which would give me more options. Just need to talk to one more neighbor about recovery. Put a camera out and got the first pics back after a week. Just some does and little bucks but none during daylight. Here are a of the pics.

Up close and personal.

Little guy.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
IMG_2615.JPG I don't bow hunt, but I have no doubt it would be great fun and a feeling of accomplishment when successful.
I am almost 65 and this will be my 6th season of deer hunting gun season. Passed on several while hunting, but took my first deer (buck) last year. Triple brow tines on each side (10pt) and an old guy at 266 yds, bang, kick, flop.
I hope you all don't mind me posting a gun kill on a bow thread. But hey, it's my first deer. My son calls him the Triple Crown buck.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Haven't gotten my stand up yet. Had to get some longer straps as its a really big tree. Here are a few more pics from the last couple pulls. They don't seem to be real interested in the mineral block on the stump.
Still just little bucks and does.

Little guys getting frisky.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been slingin arrows for 35 years. First bow kill was a nice 7 pt with an original bear compound. Wish I was a bit more adept at this whole Tapatalk thing, I would post some nice pics for Y'all.
Best deer so far was 140 class deer taken in 1995 outside of Buffalo NY. Highly recommend this pastime/sport to any and all peeps looking to really enjoy the finest of shooting sports!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hopefully this pic shows up, tech moron at ur service
That's a beautiful deer Brad. Thanks for sharing his pic. I have never bowhunted due to a pair of old shoulders, but I can easily see the attraction and the tremendous feeling of accomplishment when successful. Congrats!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
That's a beautiful deer Brad. Thanks for sharing his pic. I have never bowhunted due to a pair of old shoulders, but I can easily see the attraction and the tremendous feeling of accomplishment when successful. Congrats!
Crossbow is always an option as long as it’s legal in your state.