What's new

Buena Vista Cigar

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No samples were left. We were left a price sheet and told to visit the booth at the trade show. This was 2-3 weeks before the show.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well I hate how this thread turned so negative, especially since it seems that most of the detractors still haven't had the pleasure of enjoying this excellent cigar.. Isn't the point of this brotherhood to share the experience of a great smoke? I'm sure that in this economy, people don't like paying for an opus x, but people still do, because they like them. Why should a new cigar not get a chance to shine on its own merits? One of the things that is so great about walking into a stocked humidor is all the choices available, be it a box of black and milds, or a cohiba behike. Each is an experience, a glimpse of the region, 45 minutes of heaven to relax. If our only choice was a cigar priced at 5.00, wouldn't you yearn for more?

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Sax,

No hate intended with this one:

Indeed, this site is about the camaraderie and everything else associated with this great hobby of ours. However, I believe you are missing the point.

No, no one wants $5.00 sticks across the board however, to throw Opus X into this is comparing apples to oranges.

One of the reasons for the recent work stoppage in the NFL was the outrageous salaries paid to rookies especially over proven veterans. The same holds trues in your comparison.

Fuente's (a powerful name in the industry) first entry into the market was not an Opus, it was something more reasonably priced. Once they developed a reputation for quality smokes, they swung for the fence. The same can be said of Padron, the Oliva's, Pete and many others.

All I (and I believe others are saying) is that perhaps they could prove themselves first with a reasonably priced entry level stick.

This is not to say that one day I won't try it but, not at this price point. When I think of how reasonable the Cro Magnun sampler was and how good the smokes were, that to me is how one gains traction in the marketplace.

Just my $ .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I agree with Blessed. Prove you can make a cheap stick and more than likely everyone will be willing to go the extra mile to try your high end stick. At their price point I will always go for pedigree, unless they sent me a sample to smoke. And their reasoning for the expense is?,......

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Agreed with Blessed. The price point is too high for an entry into the marketplace. The reason sticks like Opus get that kind of money is because of their previous history. I had the same complaint about La Palina last year, their first stick on the market was a $20 and up monster. This year they released a more price conscious stick and I would bet it does better then the original and that should help boost sales on the OR.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 bucks for a cigar with no rep baffles me. If I meet the rep I will by a box and hand out some to my customers for review. Does anyone know who the distributor is?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hank, their website buenavistacigars.com has a phone #listed..
Give them a call! Posted via Mobile Device
D

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Brandon you gotta carry these because I can't afford to buy them in California.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Their local sales rep came into my store right before IPCPR and we were talking about them. When she showed me the price I laughed a little bit because it is a bit high. Her response to the high prices was that it is a hand rolled cigar therefore it is more pricey. I then pointed her to 4 other cigars that were all hand rolled at 1/4 to 1/2 the price. I wasn't impressed personally.
Wow:hysterica

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hate to say it CWS but we laughed when we talked to the rep about them. Unless they take off like wildfire it is not something we will be carrying. Sorry man, but shelf space is limited and this isn't something we're willing to take a chance on.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im always on the lookout for exciting new brands to represent but if this company is hiring people that think a cigar is a $20 smoke because it is handrolled its not something any dignified rep/broker would want to be a part of. If the cigars are really something special they need to put just as much time and thought into their marketing and distribution methods as they do their cigars.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The one rep I talked to was raving about the packaging. He kept saying it over and over. I had to hold back from saying that I could care less how nice the box is.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I spoke with the store owner at Briar Patch here in Sacramento about these sticks. He raved about them. He said that he was so impressed with them at the show that he canceled orders in order to bring in this product.

I then spoke to Lauren at their headquarters who connected me to the California sales rep who shared the story of the land acquisition for the farm and their hiring rollers from the Partagas factory in Cuba. He went on to add that this cigar rivals anything in the Padron Anniversary serie.

He stated that the Limitada was the "lighter" of the two sticks.

The saga continues...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Try one before you made snap judgements. Top notch cigar. yes I know Scott the rep but, this was a great smoke.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Try one before you made snap judgements. Top notch cigar. yes I know Scott the rep but, this was a great smoke.
Chuck,

Thanks for the warning::crytears:

I have a sinking feeling that I am gonna have to eat my words.

I told the rep that I would contact him after I smoke one (got two coming from a good friend who got 'em at the show).

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Chuck,

Thanks for the warning::crytears:

I have a sinking feeling that I am gonna have to eat my words.

I told the rep that I would contact him after I smoke one (got two coming from a good friend who got 'em at the show).
I read the story. Watched the video and listened to all the hype. I really did not want to like this cigar. Its good.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this cigar to be quite unremarkable. Cuban rollers though, so it has to be good, right CWS? Generally all I smoke is aged cubans and god of fire. This was neither of those.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I spoke with the store owner at Briar Patch here in Sacramento about these sticks. He raved about them. He said that he was so impressed with them at the show that he canceled orders in order to bring in this product.

I then spoke to Lauren at their headquarters who connected me to the California sales rep who shared the story of the land acquisition for the farm and their hiring rollers from the Partagas factory in Cuba. He went on to add that this cigar rivals anything in the Padron Anniversary serie.
He stated that the Limitada was the "lighter" of the two sticks.

The saga continues...

Pulling no punches, eh? The problem is... Padron already has the reputation to be able to sell those sticks at that price point. This company will need to do something, lose a little, or something, to get people turned onto them. They can't just blow smoke at people without getting the masses to try them, and spread the word.