What's new

Buena Vista Cigar

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Another good idea possibly, for them...
If someone talks with them, suggest maybe tossing a 10-pack up for a random selection, or contest, or something of similar nature on the forum. That way, we get 10 random reviews... maybe like a review panel... That could help them, and give us some better idea about the cigars.

Just a random thought. I'm feeling better, today, and my mind races... LOL

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Like someone else mentioned, if I'm spending $20+ on a stick, I go for the pedigree established sticks. Not experimenting on a new comer w/ the possibility of not liking it. If they had lower lines that would lure me in then I might eventually try their "top end".

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am trying my first one now. Just sat down to lunch at a local patio that lets you smoke (heavenly!). Going to enjoy a margarita with it and see how it goes. I will say the draw is very tight pre-light. I have the toro size edicion limitada 2008.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I am trying my first one now. Just sat down to lunch at a local patio that lets you smoke (heavenly!). Going to enjoy a margarita with it and see how it goes. I will say the draw is very tight pre-light. I have the toro size edicion limitada 2008.
I'm going to like this "As it smokes..." review...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I found this cigar to be quite unremarkable. Cuban rollers though, so it has to be good, right CWS? Generally all I smoke is aged cubans and god of fire. This was neither of those.
Wow. Well gosh. I never had no Cubans but I know what I like and I liked this cigar and found it very remarkable.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just finished up with it and the draw got better. The flavors started to peak in the last third but I wasn't blown away. It was a decent cigar but I would not pay the asking price they want for it. I wouldn't even call tgis a $10 cigar to be honest. I will try another due to the draw issues with this one but overall give me a Padron Anni anyday over this.
I am shocked.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Joe,

Have you smoked that particular stick or any of the ACC sticks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was comparing the idea of coming out to the market with an ultrapremium and no one even knows who you are. I have had 2 of ACC's sticks and I would make them out to be a decent $8.00 stick. Max has come out wanting to sell them for 20-30. that just doesn't fly for me. Like most said I will go pick out a stick that I know is worth that. Of course people said this about Gurkha when that came out and love him or hate him he sells...

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
The reps comment about it being rolled by Cubans and that being the reason for the expense

Seriously? Its a lame sales ploy...
Personally I see that (in general) as a down grade. With the crappy quality, wrappers, foot cuts, plugs etc I get from most cubans, Im not seeing the "we have cubans rolling these" as an upside. Clearly some cubans are excellent rollers, but in general, based on the boxes of CC I've seen/smoked....downgrade.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Brothers,

Because I started this post based on the feedback from a friend who was wildly passionate about this cigar, I felt an obligation to go beyond the normal and to reach out to Buena Vista and provide them with feedback and the opportunity to see what we, the consumer had to say concerning their product. While it was great that they received input at "The Show", I wanted us to be able to weigh in on the cigar.

So, I e-mailed his administrative assistant and asked him to join us here in the greatest Cigar Community in the world! To that end, I received an e-mail asking me to shoot him my number in order that we could speak by phone about his product.

Sooooo, I just spent close to 40 minutes on the telephone with Gary Heathcott (yes, that Gary) who runs the US operation for Buena Vista Cigars. Gary shared with me the ideology behind the cigars; the intent is to bring to market the best possible cigar and to provide us, the smoker, with an experience like none other.

He explained that their production costs are what drive the price of the cigars, from their actually bringing over Cuban rollers and providing for their care and feeding for six months at a time, to the use of 100% Ecuadorian tobacco, to the boxes they come in. Yes, they cost a bit more and Gary and his investment partners believe they are worth it.

Now, I shared with Gary that there were folks out here (kockroach, Brooks, Shuckins, Reeve11, kaelaria, Dan, CraigMac, CWS and a few others) who provide top-notch, unbiased reviews. To this, Gary stated that he was going to create an account, log on and provide more insight to his product. In addition, he is going to reach out to us for addresses in order that he can send out samples and let us judge for ourselves.

Soooo guys, let's welcome him and let's see where this leads us!

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Brothers,

Because I started this post based on the feedback from a friend who was wildly passionate about this cigar, I felt an obligation to go beyond the normal and to reach out to Buena Vista and provide them with feedback and the opportunity to see what we, the consumer had to say concerning their product. While it was great that they received input at "The Show", I wanted us to be able to weigh in on the cigar.

So, I e-mailed his administrative assistant and asked him to join us here in the greatest Cigar Community in the world! To that end, I received an e-mail asking me to shoot him my number in order that we could speak by phone about his product.

Sooooo, I just spent close to 40 minutes on the telephone with Gary Heathcott (yes, that Gary) who runs the US operation for Buena Vista Cigars. Gary shared with me the ideology behind the cigars; the intent is to bring to market the best possible cigar and to provide us, the smoker, with an experience like none other.

He explained that their production costs are what drive the price of the cigars, from their actually bringing over Cuban rollers and providing for their care and feeding for six months at a time, to the use of 100% Ecuadorian tobacco, to the boxes they come in. Yes, they cost a bit more and Gary and his investment partners believe they are worth it.

Now, I shared with Gary that there were folks out here (kockroach, Brooks, Shuckins, Reeve11, kaelaria, Dan, CraigMac, CWS and a few others) who provide top-notch, unbiased reviews. To this, Gary stated that he was going to create an account, log on and provide more insight to his product. In addition, he is going to reach out to us for addresses in order that he can send out samples and let us judge for ourselves.

Soooo guys, let's welcome him and let's see where this leads us!
Despite the mixed reviews, I think I'll buy a couple just because Gary seems like a stand up guy. :)

GHeathcott

Buena Vista Cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a cigar smoker for 40 years and as some of you know, I have been writing and producing documentary films about the cigar industry (albeit mostly about Cuba and their tobacco industry) for more than 20 years. I'm excited to learn of your forum and welcome the discussion about the world's first and only 100% Ecuadorian cigar, which originates from first tier Cuban tobacco seed--not hybrid. For those of you who have weighed in on this subject and regularly rate cigars, please email to me your address and I will promptly send you samples of these precious jewels. Price, price, price---doesn't anyone want to talk about quality anymore? NEWSFLASH--our wholesale prices range from $57.50--$90. per box--which is in line with the average of most average cigars--and there ain't nothing average about these puppies. You ask where the price comes from? It is a direct result of our actual costs to produce a world-class boutique cigar in small quantities. We are budgeted to make zero profit for the first two years, and ultimately amoritize our costs. These masterpieces are not for everyone, just those who want to experience one of the richest-tasting, big-smoke-producing, 3-year aged tobacco, cigars that have been beautifully handcrafted by the most highly skilled and dedicated torcedores in the world. Ask me questions, and I'll be pleased to respond.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have been a cigar smoker for 40 years and as some of you know, I have been writing and producing documentary films about the cigar industry (albeit mostly about Cuba and their tobacco industry) for more than 20 years. I'm excited to learn of your forum and welcome the discussion about the world's first and only 100% Ecuadorian cigar, which originates from first tier Cuban tobacco seed--not hybrid. For those of you who have weighed in on this subject and regularly rate cigars, please email to me your address and I will promptly send you samples of these precious jewels. Price, price, price---doesn't anyone want to talk about quality anymore? NEWSFLASH--our wholesale prices range from $57.50--$90. per box--which is in line with the average of most average cigars--and there ain't nothing average about these puppies. You ask where the price comes from? It is a direct result of our actual costs to produce a world-class boutique cigar in small quantities. We are budgeted to make zero profit for the first two years, and ultimately amoritize our costs. These masterpieces are not for everyone, just those who want to experience one of the richest-tasting, big-smoke-producing, 3-year aged tobacco, cigars that have been beautifully handcrafted by the most highly skilled and dedicated torcedores in the world. Ask me questions, and I'll be pleased to respond.
Do me a favor and drop by the intro thread to give us some background. BTW, I like the cigar.

GHeathcott

Buena Vista Cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear you like our stick, Chuck. Explain to me what you mean by "drop by the intro thread...", and i'll gladly oblige.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I must be missing something. At 90 a box wholesale the Msrp shouldn't be anywhere near 20 a stick unless they are 10 count boxes.