What's new

Buena Vista Cigar

GHeathcott

Buena Vista Cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We put our unique product in 10-count boxes, to try cause more box sales for our retailers. When folks want to buy a nice gift for a special cigar smoker, they would like to give them a full box of cigars. However, with 20-25 count boxes and all those wonderful taxes, the prices have all but eliminated box sales.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
The product is out there. People will try it. They will like it or they won't. If they do then it will succeed and if not then you will start seeing it for grabs on CBid at $2.00 a stick. But after reading comments like this:

These masterpieces are not for everyone, just those who want to experience one of the richest-tasting, big-smoke-producing, 3-year aged tobacco, cigars that have been beautifully handcrafted by the most highly skilled and dedicated torcedores in the world.
I have absolutely no incentive to try your product. To be honest you had a better shot of me actually giving this one a spark before reading this. Undoubtedly that kind of marketing works on some people, but to me it makes you come off kind of kind of pretentious. Sorry, but I'll smoke take a $3.50 Padron Londres over a $20 newcomer any day of the week. And welcome to the board, I hope you enjoy your stay and become a valuable part of this community.

Dan

GHeathcott

Buena Vista Cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Dan, sorry if I offended you--certainly not my intent. I am just a bit passionate about my product, and please understand that I am a wordsmith, so my copy tends to reflect the emotions of the moment, and can be a little commercial.

Now, over to GoldenMacKid. I do remember that 2006 review in SMOKE Magazine (I believe that issue contained a piece that I wrote featuring the first-ever interview by an American journalist of the Co-Chairman of Habanos), and I also remember that review of the Lucky 8 cigar from the Armando Ramos collection. The wrapper from that cigar was indeed Ecuadorian-grown Cameroon and the binder was a Pantano tobacco, also from Ecuador.

However, word is that sadly Sr. Ramos went out of business a couple of years back and that cigar is long gone, with the exception of a few sticks that might be lingering around in some of the larger humidors out there. If you find one, buy it and smoke it--it was a unique product. In the meantime, if you guys send me a street address, I'll send you some samples of Buena Vista.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don't have time for any more reviews, but someone take him up on the offer. As someone did pay attention to:

Another good idea possibly, for them...
If someone talks with them, suggest maybe tossing a 10-pack up for a random selection, or contest, or something of similar nature on the forum. That way, we get 10 random reviews... maybe like a review panel... That could help them, and give us some better idea about the cigars.

Just a random thought. I'm feeling better, today, and my mind races... LOL

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'll be receiving a sampler from them. I'll post my review once I receive them and give them a bit of time in my humidor to re-acclimate from the shipping.

GHeathcott

Buena Vista Cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a brand new review of Buena Vista cigars, posted on the weekly e-newsletter from Jack Schwartz Importers in Chicago (one of the nation's oldest cigar shops):

Buena Vista Reserva

"Every now and then you discover a truly amazing cigar at the cigar trade show. Most of the time they're from an established company or one that has been around for at least a few years. It is very rare to find a new cigar that knocks your socks off from a brand new company. I'm happy to say I found the Buena Vista booth at the trade show and after smoking a few samples I knew I had to bring some of their excellent cigars to Jack Schwartz Importer.

"The Buena Vista Reserva is the very first cigar released from the Buena Vista Cigar Factory in Cancun. They grow their own tobacco in a small valley in Ecuador. Everything about these cigars is meticulous, from the packaging down to the construction of the cigars. Speaking of the construction, Buena Vista cigars are all rolled by Cuban Master Rollers who go to the factory in Cancun on six month work visas. So all their cigars are rolled by Master Rollers trained in some of the best factories in Cuba. When you purchase a box of 10 there is a small card in the box with a short bio on the cigar roller who actually rolled your cigars.

"The cigars are medium bodied and have a creamy flavor with some hints of dark chocolate sweetness. They use just a touch of aged Dominican tobacco (in the Reserva) for the filler so there's an underlying flavor of cedar and spice. I have four sizes in stock right now with single cigars and boxes of ten available."
Eric
freematches@jackschwartz.com

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Agreed with Blessed. The price point is too high for an entry into the marketplace. The reason sticks like Opus get that kind of money is because of their previous history. I had the same complaint about La Palina last year, their first stick on the market was a $20 and up monster. This year they released a more price conscious stick and I would bet it does better then the original and that should help boost sales on the OR.
I've smoked a 5'er of them They are not worth the $25.00 they cost here in Massachusetts. Infact LJ Peretti the B&M I purchased them from does not even carry them anymore.

GHeathcott

Buena Vista Cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very interesting to hear that you've purchased and smoked 5 of these. The very first of these cigars were shipped less than 2 weeks ago and NONE have been sold or shipped to any distributor or retailer within 500 miles of Massachusetts! Is it possible that you are mistaken about the name?

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
He was talking about the La Palina, not the Buena Vista.

It is very interesting to hear that you've purchased and smoked 5 of these. The very first of these cigars were shipped less than 2 weeks ago and NONE have been sold or shipped to any distributor or retailer within 500 miles of Massachusetts! Is it possible that you are mistaken about the name?

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you dont mind me asking who in MA has these?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
He was talking about the La Palina, not the Buena Vista.
Correct, sorry about the confusion!
GHeathcott, I will try the Buena Vista. I judge cigars based on thier own merit.
I thought the La Palina was not worth the money, but I am a HUGE fan of PG cigars that are in the same price range. Also a huge Davidoff fan. $20-$30 cigars don't bother me as long as they bring value for the money spent.

GHeathcott

Buena Vista Cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dread, while these cigars have been in-the-making for 3 years, we just released them to distributors and retailers at the Tobacco show in Vegas a couple of weeks back. So far, we have no one in Massachusetts (but would love to). A couple of retailers who will ship are Jack Schwartz in Chicago and Barlow's Premium Cigars in Lafayette, Colorado. In the meantime, if you promise to review the cigar---good or bad---I will send you a couple of samples. Send me your mailing address.