What's new

CA Cigar of the Year?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't that big of a fan of the Davidoff Nicaraguan. It was a decent cigar, but it wasn't worth the price. It didn't separate itself too much from other cigars that were less money IMO. Also, the burn was very uneven. Flavor was decent, but it didn't blow me away.
Glad I'm not the only one underwhelmed by these. As you say, dodgy burn and so-so taste.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
And your #1 Cigar Of The Year for 2013 is......... Montecristo No. 2

#10 - Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Spellbound
#9 - Gurkha 125th Anniversary XO
#8 - Herrera Esteli Piramide Fino
#7 - Buenaventura BV560
#6 - Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No. 2
#5 - Cohiba Behike BHK 54
#4 - Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Diplomatico Maduro
#3 - Davidoff Nicaragua Toro
#2 - Aging Room Quattro F55 Concerto
#1 - Montecristo No. 2

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
And your #1 Cigar Of The Year for 2013 is......... Montecristo No. 2

#10 - Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Spellbound
#9 - Gurkha 125th Anniversary XO
#8 - Herrera Esteli Piramide Fino
#7 - Buenaventura BV560
#6 - Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No. 2
#5 - Cohiba Behike BHK 54
#4 - Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Diplomatico Maduro
#3 - Davidoff Nicaragua Toro
#2 - Aging Room Quattro F55 Concerto
#1 - Montecristo No. 2
The cigar Gods have spoken!

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I'm not surprised that the Monte No.2 did so well, but I am surprised they made it No.1 I figured it would have been an NC just from a domestic sales and marketing standpoint.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
f'k it, i would agree with old #2 over a prensado any day. baby steps, right?

and once again, my standard response: this list will NEVER be our list, but it is good for the industry, and it will make people look outside of their comfort zones, moreso than any other top cigar list. CA has a shit-ton of public awareness, and it does well to highlight different styles of smokes, different nationalities, and different brands. so far, we have seen a DE stick, a small small label, fuente (twice including the VSG), padron, cohiba, and davi. not a bad list to get people out of their comfort zones and exploring the wider range of what stogies can be.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I gotta say, I did NOT see that one coming!

I can only assume the selected a widely respected CC in an attempt to win back some credibility. "Pick the Monte 2, no one can say it ain't a great cigar!"

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So I've got to ask... has anybody discovered a list that seems to reflect more what the BOTL collective would agree more with?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know what 'our' list would like. Their is such a wide range of opinions on this board form guys that only smoke ass kickers from Nic. to guys that smoke exclusively CC's and every one in between. I have not had that Gurkha because I'm not a fan of the brand. I also have not had the Behike. I think the other cigars all could fit in someone's top ten. The only smoke of the remaining 8 that I wasn't fond of is the Davidoff, but I have several friends who love 'em.
f'k it, i would agree with old #2 over a prensado any day. baby steps, right?

and once again, my standard response: this list will NEVER be our list, but it is good for the industry, and it will make people look outside of their comfort zones, moreso than any other top cigar list. CA has a shit-ton of public awareness, and it does well to highlight different styles of smokes, different nationalities, and different brands. so far, we have seen a DE stick, a small small label, fuente (twice including the VSG), padron, cohiba, and davi. not a bad list to get people out of their comfort zones and exploring the wider range of what stogies can be.

Last edited: