What's new

Call of Duty "Black Ops"

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I want it and I don't mind paying full price. But, if I buy it and do the campaign in 6 hours i'll be pissed. So if I hear back from you guys that you got alot of play time out of the campaign I will buy it. Let me know!
Did the campaign in I think 7-8 hours. But regular, I huess if you want to try hard it will take longer. But I liked it.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
So, I don't ever go online until I've cleared the story on hard... Just my thing.

For those of you who have used multiplayer, what's the verdict? How's it stack up against MWF2?
There are somethings I like more in MW2 and some I like more in BO.

MW2, I am more used to the play style, it has a certain feel to it that BO just doesnt have. I have yet to unlock hardcore and that is what I was used to playing so I may change my mind. It seems like I have a LOT more of those situations when someone is dead center in my cross hairs and I am pulling the trigger and missing everytime, might be lag, again, we will see. The multiplayer levels also feel very similar to eachother, could be me.

I am really starting to like the whole money thing. That way you buy what you want when you want it. No more waiting to unlock sites, suppressors, grips, whatever. If you want the grip you can skip the prior attachments and just buy that. Its growing on me.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So, I don't ever go online until I've cleared the story on hard... Just my thing.

For those of you who have used multiplayer, what's the verdict? How's it stack up against MWF2?
I like this more because I hate when people can use the melee and "fly" forward to knife you or hide out and just snipe. This is more harder for punks to act like a a** on this one.

Last edited:

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
And why won't my 360 boot to disc after this last update???
I've gone through the settings, I have it so it "start up:disc"
yet it always loads dashboard?!!??

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Oh, and black ops lobby is worse than MW2, can't find a game to save my life!!! and when I do, it's on junk ass "Jungle"

I'm starting to hate this game more and more with every passing minute!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0

MW2, I am more used to the play style, it has a certain feel to it that BO just doesnt have. I have yet to unlock hardcore and that is what I was used to playing so I may change my mind. It seems like I have a LOT more of those situations when someone is dead center in my cross hairs and I am pulling the trigger and missing everytime, might be lag, again, we will see. The multiplayer levels also feel very similar to eachother, could be me.

I am really starting to like the whole money thing. That way you buy what you want when you want it. No more waiting to unlock sites, suppressors, grips, whatever. If you want the grip you can skip the prior attachments and just buy that. Its growing on me.

I'm with you at first I was not liking it but I finally unlocked Hardcore and its not as bad as the regular death match, when that map goes away so everyone can't see where you are its a whole new game. Up until the hardcore mode I was having the same problem of thinking I was dead on someone but I managed to shoot just left or right of them and I thought I was going to need a new controller. I'm also loving the money system for the same reasons.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1

World at War had the same movement. Not as fluid as MW. You will get use to it. As for the lagging, you're not alone. I have experienced and heard many people complaining about it too. I'm hoping it has to due with the one million people playing world wide or that maybe there are still a couple bugs to work out.

I agree with you about the points. Get what you want when you want it! One thing I especially love about the Wager matches is Gun Game. I use to play this on Counter Strike back in the day. It's free for all where you start with a pistol and when you kill someone you get the next best gun. First to go through all the guns wins. You can bet a grand and get 3 grand if you win.

Out of MW, WAW, and MW2, this is the best COD, IMO. It just seems like they thought of everything this time.

Add me and cyrann if you want to roll with the big dawgs.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I have played w/ cyrann in MW2 but got a new username in the mean time,

Bravo-20-Five

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Never played any of the CoD's to this point (more of a sports gamer) but picked up black ops after reading this thread.

I'll be on ps3 once I figure out how to play, feel free to add me "brentandjodi"

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
3.20'ish on MW2, and 2.89 on Black Op's right now. I love Firing Range, Havana, and Summit. Nuketown is really fun on free for all as well.