What's new

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Only played for maybe 2 hours today, but imo the maps are all way more expansive than most of the ones in BoPs - think along the lines of the 'Cracked' map moreso than Nuketown or Firing Range.

I'm not too sure what's going on yet with the weapons/upgrade system either, it's a bit different too. You can tell they've put a lot of work in to it, and the visuals are great - it's just going to take a bit of getting used to for me.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
My sentiments exactly! I always feel like a sucker when I buy the COD games. I love 'em but I finish the campaign way too easily. With Black Ops I had to play it twice, the second time playing to get every achievment.

Skyrim should be kick ass. I avoided the nerdiness of Oblivion but when I finally gave in I was hooked immediately.

I just picked up the PS3 Uncharted 3 bundle last Sunday. I am looking forward to picking up Skyrim myself.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Once I'm done with exams on thursday, I will be spending lots of time with this game. Assuming my connection cooperates.

SightPicture45 on xbl, add me if you want.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
They did a level up thing on MW3 as well. I heard an interview with a creator recently, and he was saying that you need to level and experience-up your weapons. Good premis, I am putting this one on my Christmas list.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Got my copy last night and got wasted by everyone at first - 25 deaths to 2 kills !

The graphics are very good, the controls seem more sensitive that black ops, perhaps its a setup thing.

I haven't played any the game yet just jumped straight into the multiplayer on line.

I found the game skipping around the servers quite a bit though.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My only complaint: the campaign is way too short, only took under 5hrs of play. Oh well, I kind of expected it. On to multiplayer!

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My fiancee was heading out last night night with some friends:

Her: "What are you going to do all night while we're out?
Me: "I dunno, catch up on some TV. Maybe go to bed early"
*reaches into her purse*
Her: "Why don't you play CoD and Assassin's Creed?"

HELL YEAH!

Add me: cartisdm (xbox)

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
My fiancee was heading out last night night with some friends:

Her: "What are you going to do all night while we're out?
Me: "I dunno, catch up on some TV. Maybe go to bed early"
*reaches into her purse*
Her: "Why don't you play CoD and Assassin's Creed?"

HELL YEAH!

Add me: cartisdm (xbox)
I'll add you tonight.

Add me as well! Gamertag: Blooz4u (xbox)

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hated it, played 3 matches in multiplayer and traded it in for battlefield3. To me it was like a step backwards from black ops. And for someone who hated the first two battlefeilds I have to say it rocks.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
So far so good for me.

Cannot wait for the first firmware update to fix the party matchmaking... that is my only complaint, but hey, the same could be said of black ops the first 10 days (you have to give it to at least the first update to write it off IMO. In regards to the maps, yes they are bigger, but the playable battle space is the size of firing range/summit, but the areas as big as silo/array, which I like as a RnG SMG player.

PSN ID: Cyrann @ LVL 73 initial prestige - and I worked MON/TUES/WED and 12 hours today... LETS just say I'm a little tired right about meow.

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
Got my copy at 12:34am. Put it in my PS3 at 12:47am...

... 9:00 AM, I realize I have to be in class in 10 minutes. FUUUUUUUU-

So far, I'm liking it a lot. The 2 player split screen is a lot of fun! The one thing I didn't like about Zombies is how large the area you have to cover becomes - It's not practical, after a point, with just two people. The new mode is just combat waves. I'm digging it... Tonight, A bunch of bourbon, some beers, and a MW3 marathon with my housemate.
Where are you seeing the Zombie maps? I can't find them. Although I'll admit everytime I've played MW3 I've been a little tipsy. So that might have something to do with it.

Single palyer was cool but way too short..

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Haven't picked up the game yet, life's been crazy busy.

Did they bring back the competition playlist?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Prestiged last night... BOOM!
I got laid last night instead.... BOOM! lol

I haven't picked up the game yet. The last 2 releases I was so excited and picked them up first day, just to be disappointed with the network errors. So this time I figure I will give it a couple weeks before I pick it up. Let them iron out all the little issues first. The only problem with that is everyone will be all weaponed up and have the maps memorized when I decide to jump in.