What's new

Can you smell what THE BOTL is cookiiinnn!!!

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Cool! Care to share the details on how you do this and what cheeses you use? How long does it last?
Can either pipe in smoke from a hot box or run a cold smoking maze loaded with sawdust. Either way you have to keep the smoker under 90-100 or things get real ugly. Time depends on type of wood and how much smoke flavor you like. I use hickory sawdust and usually smoke from 4-6 hours until I get the color I'm after. Colby jack, mozzarella, pepper/habanero jack, Gouda, mild cheddar, havarti and cheam cheese are my usual cheeses of choice. I'd think just about amy cheese you like would do but Harder/sharper cheeses have to rest longer before they're ready to eat. Soft cheeses are good right off the rack or shorty after. Vacuum sealed cheese will last a long time in the back of the fridge(months) and hard cheeses last for years. In theory anyway, usually only last a month or two around my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Can either pipe in smoke from a hot box or run a cold smoking maze loaded with sawdust. Either way you have to keep the smoker under 90-100 or things get real ugly. Time depends on type of wood and how much smoke flavor you like. I use hickory sawdust and usually smoke from 4-6 hours until I get the color I'm after. Colby jack, mozzarella, pepper/habanero jack, Gouda, mild cheddar, havarti and cheam cheese are my usual cheeses of choice. I'd think just about amy cheese you like would do but Harder/sharper cheeses have to rest longer before they're ready to eat. Soft cheeses are good right off the rack or shorty after. Vacuum sealed cheese will last a long time in the back of the fridge(months) and hard cheeses last for years. In theory anyway, usually only last a month or two around my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMNPS5X8
I did get this product to cold smoke in my Masterbuilt electric smoker. I'm going to try this out. My wife is really excited for me to try cheese.

Thanks for your help!

Rating - 100%
95   0   0