What's new

CA's 2016 Top 25

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I agree @Craig Mac , no idea how the natural 90th made it over the maduro. The maduro 90th has so much more flavor than the natural and is such a better smoke imo. One of my favorite cigars for this year.

I agree with @hdroadglide as well, CA is a complete joke...
I don't think they've reviewed the 90th Maduro yet. I might be wrong, but I don't think it's been reviewed yet.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I smoked and raved about the Bull on Monday night. Not surprised it won. It's very un-LFD like. Full body, medium strength, right in the sweet spot. Speaking of sweet -- molasses and brown bread and smooth retrohaling all the way through.

And now they're sold out all across the internet. But you should get one and try it, even if, like me, you're no9t an LFD fan. It's a mid-90s (points) cigar.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
this is just another example of what makes the cigar smoking community great. back 8-10 years ago, i smoked a lot of lfd because they were some of the more powerful smokes out there. i've moved on to different brands and flavors in the intervening years. i have smoked one of the bulls a couple of months ago, and for me, found nothing that made me want to purchase another one. but i know that there are MANY who will love it. and that's just fine. in the same way that i'm a big padron natural lover and not so much the maduro. you'll find tons of people who totally disagree. and that's just fine. smoke what you like.
(although i still think an rp ahead of the padron is pure lunacy!)

ericdriscoll

CRA Ambassador #175966
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've smoked the PSE2 2016, Hoyo and Fuente Rosado and they are fantastic smokes. Worthy to be up there for sure. I wouldn't smoke a Rocky as there are so many lousy ones out there you'd have to smoke too many for my time to find a good one. I'll let CA who gets paid to smoke the good, the bad and the ugly do that job for me. As for all the theories of ratings equal to ad revenue I've been ripping out every cigar ad in CA as soon as I get the mag as I hate flipping through those pages when I read and I've never seen any correlation between the ads I've taken out. Seems to be merely a conspiracy projection people cling to year after year.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
LFD Andalusian Bull is number one!

I am very new to LFD, so it sounds reasonable to me. Anyone tried one of these yet?
They're all a solid line of smokes. I don't think you'd be disappointed with any of them honestly. Just be cautious since it's #1 now and I'm sure there's people who will be going nuts to find them with shops marking up prices for the hype. Not saying that it's going to happen but you really never know.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFD Andalusian Bull is number one!

I am very new to LFD, so it sounds reasonable to me. Anyone tried one of these yet?
I thought the Bull was a good cigar though the 2 I had did not deliver that good flavor throughout the entire cigar as it started slow and had some "dead" spots during the smoke. Overall though, I thought it was a very enjoyable smoke but it is not in my top 10 of 2016 releases (BLTC Bishops Blend is my #1) and I think there are better buys in the under $15 bracket.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
10-25 looks like a great list with a lot of newer brands and/or smoked that normally don't get critical acclaim. Thoughts? Biggest surprises? What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I thought the Bull was a good cigar though the 2 I had did not deliver that good flavor throughout the entire cigar as it started slow and had some "dead" spots during the smoke. Overall though, I thought it was a very enjoyable smoke but it is not in my top 10 of 2016 releases (BLTC Bishops Blend is my #1) and I think there are better buys in the under $15 bracket.
My local had a LFD event a few weeks ago and hyped the Bull on their Facebook page along with the Salomon Unicos. I didnt go but the word on the Bulls at the time was "meh". I do enjoy several of LFD's offerings so I might pay $14 for a single to try it.

Re: 11-25 wtf?!?! Nice to see Casa Fernandez in there but the rest are a joke. If youre going to put My Father in there fine, but the H-2K-CT is not it...same goes for the MK-Ultra, love Dions cigars but that aint the one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...Re: 11-25 wtf?!?! Nice to see Casa Fernandez in there but the rest are a joke. If youre going to put My Father in there fine, but the H-2K-CT is not it...same goes for the MK-Ultra, love Dions cigars but that aint the one.
I'm with you! At this point I should stop being surprised by their list, but they shock me some every year. Your point on Illusione is well stated...many better cigars in their portfolio

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10-25 looks like a great list with a lot of newer brands and/or smoked that normally don't get critical acclaim. Thoughts? Biggest surprises? What do you all think?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of the cigars listed from 11-25, I've had all except for 12, 19 and 21. Of the remaining twelve cigars, the Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf maduro (11), LADC Mi Amor (13) and Roma Craft (15) are the ones that would be rebuys for me. I love San Andres maduro wrappers though, and both the CF maduro and LADC Mi Amor use that wrapper.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
My local had a LFD event a few weeks ago and hyped the Bull on their Facebook page along with the Salomon Unicos. I didnt go but the word on the Bulls at the time was "meh". I do enjoy several of LFD's offerings so I might pay $14 for a single to try it.

Re: 11-25 wtf?!?! Nice to see Casa Fernandez in there but the rest are a joke. If youre going to put My Father in there fine, but the H-2K-CT is not it...same goes for the MK-Ultra, love Dions cigars but that aint the one.
Have you ever had the El Gueguense? That size, in particular, is an excellent smoke. I wouldn't have been surprised to see it crack the Top 10.

What about a Siglo VI? One of Cuba's very finest.