What's new

CC Virgin.....Update...Cherry Popped!!

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thats because your palate is different from his.

:)

Either way Jody.. i wouldn't have gone 50 deep on RASS. If you place another order and its not based on whats on "sale" id highly recommend

- Connie 1
- RYJ Short Churchills
- 10 count box of Mag50s
- Boli RC
- Upmann Royal Robustos
Great spread. I need to see what these Upmann Royal Robustos are all about.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thats because your palate is different from his.

:)
Very true.
But it could also be not the best batch or in a bad stage / too young to be smoking good.
.. i wouldn't have gone 50 deep on RASS. If you place another order and its not based on whats on "sale" id highly recommend

- Connie 1
- RYJ Short Churchills
- 10 count box of Mag50s
- Boli RC
- Upmann Royal Robustos
But, but.... You're palate is different than his... o_O

... But I can't argue on the Boli RC. Wouldn't know on the others. Connie 1 didn't blow me away.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Very true.
But it could also be not the best batch or in a bad stage / too young to be smoking good.

But, but.... You're palate is different than his... o_O

... But I can't argue on the Boli RC. Wouldn't know on the others. Connie 1 didn't blow me away.
Both of you guys started smoking CCs last week so maybe you do have similar palates... who knows :)

Do you have a list of good batch RASS codes you really enjoyed? Month and year and factory etc :)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I freely admit that my palate is probably not the best for reviewing cigars. I’m sure the coffee I was drinking influenced my tastebuds somewhat. What would you expect from a RASS?

Jody
Well, It's true that everyone's palate is different, and it can vary and change. Also, they don't seem to be the most consistent brand, but the distinguishing flavor I usually notice is a subtle but distinct fruit note. Along the lines of peach, or apricot. That's running parallel with, cedar, pure tobacco, a bit of creaminess and that distinct Cuban note.
Had one that was oddly floral, none that have been acrid, harsh, or peppery. Except for a tad with one that just tasted like it needed to age.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Both of you guys started smoking CCs last week so maybe you do have similar palates... who knows :)

Do you have a list of good batch RASS codes you really enjoyed? Month and year and factory etc :)
Yep. I'm lame cause I haven't been burning them for ten years like you, eh.... ;)
Yep. I'll send you one after I find some more. ;)

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Haha, I'm not the only one to pick up on that. And it's what's unique to RASS.

But everyone's palate is different..
I can appreciate almost every CC... but when it comes to RASS and the lcdh allones superiores I just can’t. Probably top 5 worst Cubans JMHO

but I appreciate your RASS feedback :)

Lmk if you find any codes worth trying again tho ... they’re cheap so I’d be willing to call in an order

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmm, doesn't really sound like the flavor experience I expect out of RASS. That may be your issue @Qman Interested to hear how they are a few months down the road.
You know, im going to fire one up tonight and see how it is.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
View attachment 113248
View attachment 113249
View attachment 113250

My first Cuban cigar thanks to @Qman , a Ramon Allones Specially Selected. I had purchased a fiver of Cubans from another brother, but sadly haven’t had the time to smoke one. Qman knew I was waiting on my order of RASS, a cabinet of 50, to arrive and took pity on me and sent me a couple to enjoyed while I wait on mine to get here. Which by the way made it stateside yesterday afternoon. Using my Colbri cutter I went with a deep V cut. I’m smoking this cigar while drinking coffee and writing this. After lighting it I realized the draw was a little tight and I just wasn’t getting much smoke through it. I used the PerfecDraw tool on it and opened it up a little. That seemed to do the trick as it opened up and started producing lots more smoke. It started out with that woodsy tobacco flavor. About halfway through I started getting a back and forth taste between cream and pepper, like they were fighting for who would come out on top. Unfortunately, pepper won. As it got closer to the end the creamy flavor totally disappeared and the pepper got even stronger. The burn line stayed a little wonky all the way through but nothing I couldn’t live with. I tried touching it up a couple times but I made it worse so I let it run its course. The cigar left a sweet flavor on my lips the whole time I was smoking it, I find that a lot of cigars do this to me, non Cuban included. I don’t think my palate is good enough to pick out a lot of flavors, but over all I really enjoyed this cigar. I can see what all the hype is regarding Cuban cigars. This is a very young cigar, not sure of the box code/date as it was gifted to me, but if they get better with age I’m stoked! I took my time smoking this cigar so that I didn’t overheat it, even so at the end it got a little warm and became somewhat harsh with an ammonia aftertaste. I lit it at 12pm noon and let it go out at 1:37pm, that’s 12:00 hours and 13:37 hours for you military and LEO guys, so one 1 hour and 37 mins. Time well spent while sitting on the deck listening to the birds chirp and the turkeys gobble, and watching the squirrels jumping from tree to tree. Thanks again Qman!! You’re a good guy in my book, I don’t care what everyone else says about you!!!:D The next time I get to town, hopefully one day this week, I’ll be sending a care package back your way.

I also want to thank all the brothers who helped me out along the way with information and recommendations:
@Glassman
@Burnaz16
@Nacho Daddy
@ncardw
And yes, even @ChuckMejia
Hope I didn’t leave anyone out.
Thank you all!!

Jody
Any time man. Glad you liked it. Maybe that was my problem. Smoked it too fast. Ill light another one tonight and take my time with it and see what happens.
By the way, date code was may17

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When did you have the last one? Sounds like a few months would do them some good.
About a week ago.
Maybe you are right. Ill leave them alone for a few months and try one. Just weird that my experience was so different from Jody.
Im also dying to try one of the trinidad cigars that came in same time as rass but those im not touching for a while

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Any time man. Glad you liked it. Maybe that was my problem. Smoked it too fast. Ill light another one tonight and take my time with it and see what happens.
By the way, date code was may17
Yeah, not sure why our experiences were so different. I’m not the one to be giving advice on how to smoke a cigar, but I really took my time smoking it. I have found that with NC cigars if I get them too hot they have a really harsh taste. I took over an hour and a half with this one. I don’t know, might try that and see if it helps any.
Thanks for the date info.

Jody

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, not sure why our experiences were so different. I’m not the one to be giving advice on how to smoke a cigar, but I really took my time smoking it. I have found that with NC cigars if I get them too hot they have a really harsh taste. I took over an hour and a half with this one. I don’t know, might try that and see if it helps any.
Thanks for the date info.

Jody
I think im going take glassmans advice and just hold off. Im going shooting tomorrow so after dinner getting my toys out to check everything and see what needs to be lubricated. Will be smoking a R&J ex#4 while doing that. those cigars i highly reccomend

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can appreciate almost every CC... but when it comes to RASS and the lcdh allones superiores I just can’t. Probably top 5 worst Cubans JMHO

but I appreciate your RASS feedback :)

Lmk if you find any codes worth trying again tho ... they’re cheap so I’d be willing to call in an order
Just curious, since im somewhat new to CC but i always see threads about best cubans, top 5 or top 10. Never seen a list of 5 worst CC. What are your 5 worst?