What's new

Cello: Yea or Nea?

Cello: Yea or Nea

• Total voters

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I always take it off. At this point in time I only have one humidor and it's my 100ct glass top box. It's kept in my wine cabinet on display for all my friends. Leaving the wrappers on would just look messy. Down the road when I have cigars laying all over my house like you guys maybe I'll stop being so OCD :)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
cello really helps if you are in there futzing with stuff, so you don't wreck your smokes. when sorting them. after rocking out some bourbon. not that i'm saying, just saying.

have a box of cello'd for my daily grabs. the boxes i do not sort for less than 4 months at a go, are stripped. personal aesthetic.

also never do a full re-sort drunk o)

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I always leave it on. For several reasons:

1) It make the cigar easier to light.
2) The melting cellophane melds with the wrapper protecting the cigar in case I drop it.
3) The combination of Cello and tobacco produces a really nice hallucinogenic effect.

Plaid monkeys. Ah yes, it's good to see you again my friends...

RW
A+

I love it.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Like I said to Blade, I don't care for Cello, or single bags. I like the way sticks look in a humi. Also I love the smell of a humi full of sticks all together.
+1

If I had a big coolador or something, I'd leave the cello on but in my 200ct desktop it looks really sexy to show off all my sticks to friends through the glass top :glassesgr

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I've since changed my stance and now remove the cello. Just felt like it was time for a change.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cellos are a "yea" for me most of the time, generally because I'm lazy and clumzy, so what little protection the cello can provide is helpful. But when the cigar has an extraordinary casing like the Camachos "coffin", I always keep it on. I like to show those off.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm about 4 months in to my 2 year experiment. I have 12 cigars - 6 JG RE and 6 Oliva Vs. I've got half of each of them with their cello and half without, all aging in the same cigar box.

Try not to die with excitement while waiting for the results. :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Controversy!

I pretty much take them as they arrive ... actually would like to think the ones in cello are less prone to abrasion and such.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
For regular smoking sticks I keep it on (helps with the transport and rh and all). For aging sticks I take it off. All I can say is that I've seen bloom on cigars without the cello, and I've only seen yellow cellos on the rubbered sticks- I'll take the bloom. Plus, aging seems to take longer in the cello IMHO. Might not work this way for all though since I use two separate humis- one for aging, one for smoke-ready.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always take off the cello. Yeah, the cello adds a certain level of protection against damage, but in my opinion the cigars look much better in the humidor au naturel and they smell fantastic every time you open it. I also read that they age better without it though I haven't been able to confirm that.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I use to always take the cello off until I got my wineador. Since then, I have been buying and collecting cigars at a faster pace and I have been leaving some on. Pure laziness.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I generally take the cello off as I prefer the au natural look and smell of those bad boys. I have a few that are still in cello but that's just because I'm transitioning to a wineador...once I get my drawers in and seasoned then they will likely all come out of the cello.