What's new

Cello: Yea or Nea?

Cello: Yea or Nea

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Depends on the cigar for me. If I got it in a trade and it already aged with the cello, I leave it on. If I buy it from the B&M ROTT I take the cello off.

Then there are the DE cigars. If they come with cello I leave it on because I remember reading Saka say they put some of them in cello for a reason. I can't remember that reason though lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got into the hobby, I removed the cello. Recently, I became lazy, and left it on. I noticed the stogies with cello left on, were not as enjoyable as before. Could be that I did not let them rest long enough. Recently, I started removing cello again. I will try one and see if it affects anything.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flavors are much more distinct and better if you can store in the original box as they are in a humidor.. Every brand smells different from one another... And the flavors are what they are meant to be.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I take the cello off for the most part, it's really only used to keep the cigars from getting damaged during shipping or being fondled too much at a B&M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KLF

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I left the cello on until I read this thread but I think that now I'm going to store them naked.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I always strip em. Cello inhibits humidification and does nothing to enhance aging. There really is no "cross-infusion" issue for six mos. to a year that you might want them to rest. If you're interested in aging, leave the box intact and store it/them safely, in a controlled environment. I'm not financially able to engage in that, so I'm smokin mine after only 4 weeks or so.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I feel that if they came with a cello, there's a reason. I keep them on.
Yessir! They come with cello to protect the wrappers during shipping to the retailer, and then while in transit to you. Cello's only purpose is to protect a cigar during periods of movement.